LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 327 users in the forums

New Stadium Commercial

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Got some Desi love. I saw at least two indians in the commercial.
I hope everybody here who lives in Santa Clara votes for this thing.

-9fA
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
good for them. i still hope the team stays in SF where they belong. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS!!!

that city has no one to blame but they're politicians for losing the team. but hey, santa clara > l.a.

the niners want the city to pay for it for them thats why. i dont blame SF for standing by their decision. i just hope the niners do the right thing and stay in SF

its not "the right thing" if SF cant get it done for them. weve been trying to get a stadium in SF for YEARS. and the city has failed to get something done. times up. Hunters Point is a dump, and isnt even feasible for what they want to do in the timeframe they wish to do it.

LOL "Get it done for them?" Why can't the billionaires pay for their own stadium??? Is the DeBartolo family in the poor house??? Hows the NFLs current business looking? The Giants were able to pay for their own stadium. The 49ers can do the same thing.
Originally posted by ninerfan21:

The niners don't want sf to pay for more of it than they want santa clara to. And why shouldn't they want the city to pay at least a bit of it? it'll be city owned land and they'll have to pay the city every year to lease the stadium.

Ask Cincinnati and Indianapolis how well stadium subsidies have worked out for their cities. Its been a complete disaster in both instances. Theres no reason why the 49ers can't pay for it themselves. Enough with the handouts.
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
good for them. i still hope the team stays in SF where they belong. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS!!!

that city has no one to blame but they're politicians for losing the team. but hey, santa clara > l.a.

the niners want the city to pay for it for them thats why. i dont blame SF for standing by their decision. i just hope the niners do the right thing and stay in SF

its not "the right thing" if SF cant get it done for them. weve been trying to get a stadium in SF for YEARS. and the city has failed to get something done. times up. Hunters Point is a dump, and isnt even feasible for what they want to do in the timeframe they wish to do it.

LOL "Get it done for them?" Why can't the billionaires pay for their own stadium??? Is the DeBartolo family in the poor house??? Hows the NFLs current business looking? The Giants were able to pay for their own stadium. The 49ers can do the same thing.
thats what im sayin. te giants are doing great in their new house and the dallas stadium will pay its self off really fast and it belongs to the team so they dont have to whore the name out to anyone who will take it lke theyve done in recent years with all the name changes.
It would be a HORRIBLE decision by Santa Clarians if they pass this thing, but I hope they do.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Got some Desi love. I saw at least two indians in the commercial.

(They were told CRICKET would be played in the new stadium)
She supports a stadium in Santa Clara :

[ Edited by Buonaparte69 on May 29, 2010 at 7:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:
Originally posted by ninerfan21:

The niners don't want sf to pay for more of it than they want santa clara to. And why shouldn't they want the city to pay at least a bit of it? it'll be city owned land and they'll have to pay the city every year to lease the stadium.

Ask Cincinnati and Indianapolis how well stadium subsidies have worked out for their cities. Its been a complete disaster in both instances. Theres no reason why the 49ers can't pay for it themselves. Enough with the handouts.

lol. Again. City owned land. City charges rent. City thru local businesses get added taxes based on business increases. Why shouldn't a city contribute to building the project? As long as the deal is fair. Obviously those two deals weren't that fair for the cities but it's not a hand out. The amount of money that 49ers are asking for is less than 10% of the building costs. Meaning the 49ers are paying for vast majority of stadium. This deal is fair for both parties.
To me it's as simple as parking. I don't understand building a near billion dollar stadium that can't host MNF. Unless there's something in the works that we haven't heard of. Otherwise seems like a mindless prop by the 9ers org.

Originally posted by strinersniners:
Originally posted by JohnnyMo49:
When is the vote?

Tuesday June 08, 2010

Will we find out that very same day if it passed? Also, what happens if it doesn't? Would we axe the Santa Clara plans?

That would be my first choice also, but I don't like the Hunters Point area for a stadium. I would choose Santa Clara over that area... not sure if there are any other good spots for a stadium in the City.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by strinersniners:
Originally posted by JohnnyMo49:
When is the vote?

Tuesday June 08, 2010

Will we find out that very same day if it passed? Also, what happens if it doesn't? Would we axe the Santa Clara plans?

That night we should get a general count, but if it's close, it can be the next day or a few days.
Originally posted by sacniner:

That would be my first choice also, but I don't like the Hunters Point area for a stadium. I would choose Santa Clara over that area... not sure if there are any other good spots for a stadium in the City.

a stadium on the water like the giants have would be awesome. im not familiar with hunters point but isnt it on the water? the city said they had a plan to clean it up if the niners decide to build there i remember reading.

Share 49ersWebzone