LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

Coaching spotlight: Mike Singletary

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Not sure if this was posted already, but I think it's a great video on Coach Sing's vision and outlook on our team. Found it on NFL.com.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-player-interviews/09000d5d8185762c/Coaching-spotlight-Mike-Singletary
nice
He said one offseason away from becoming something special...

Well, it's the off-season, now let's see something special.
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
nice

Very.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
He said one offseason away from becoming something special...

Well, it's the off-season, now let's see something special.
Singletary is starting to grow on me a little. I really like this guy. Now if he can just get his game management and clock managment down. But I think his motivation is doing good things in some ways.
SINGLETARY IS THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO THE NINERS IN ALMOST 1O YEARS, YOU WILL ALL SEE, WE WILL ALL SEE!!!!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Singletary is starting to grow on me a little. I really like this guy. Now if he can just get his game management and clock managment down. But I think his motivation is doing good things in some ways.

Think he'll still have some trouble in a few games this year as well, he still is in his second full season as a head coach so he's still learning, he'll get there though.

who are you?

Last year Sing was a rookie head coach. Just like any other rookie in the NFL, player or coach, he struggled... in Sing's case, with clock management, game management, sticking with Jimmy Raye's predictable offense for too long, being at times too conservative, not opening up the offense, etc.

This upcoming season I believe Singletary will show that he's a much better and much improved head coach than he was last year. He got to draft the players he wanted and has some continuity in his offense..(finally). There is no question about who's our starting QB in Alex Smith.. I really hope he starts playing like a number one overall pick supposed to and become a franchise QB. This is his last chance... Smith that is...

2010 is our year.

Singletary has brought this team back to respectability and hats off to him for that. I never thought the '9ers would have fallen so clumsily into obscurity, but it happened. Singletary has done a phenomenal job with the defense, but whether it will be enough to win a championship, shall be seen. Also, the offense must continue to improve under his watch. In traditional 49er circles, it is always championship or bust.
Sing doesn't care who comes and who goes and why should he? Even with Kurt Warner under center, the Niners whooped the cards a$$ twice last season.
Originally posted by Allx9er:

who are you and what have you done with SD49er?

fixed
I'm so FK'n Pumped for this season!

Not just because of this Video but our overall progression.. we really are a damn good football team..
that chick was good looking for an older chick
Share 49ersWebzone