There are 58 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We're a Second 'Tier' Team According to Pat Kirwan!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8184857e&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Of course this is all just more off-season bs/hype but I find this to be a HUGE compliment (a second tier team is a playoff-locked team which is barely 2-3 players away from being a legit Superbowl contender).

And it's not just because some talking head said so, just look at our roster/talent! -We've come so far that guys like Mark Roman, Dre' Bly, and Arnaz Battle aren't even good enough to hold #3 spots on our roster anymore!

Who knows where we're going, but one thing is for sure, unlike other off-seasons, we have less questions at each individual position/depth spot (right now) than we've ever had in a long time. -The gap is narrowing.
Well, we should have beaten 2 of the Tier ones -- Minn and Indy

We almost came back against GB.

I'd much rather fly under the radar.

But, the media always needs a darling and the media is realizing that Alex aint Jamarcus, Couch, or Leaf. He's a #1 that has faced adversity and has emerged from it.

If we start off like 5-0 and Alex plays well, this will be the feel good story.

I just want to win.

On that front, Sing reads this stuff too and will make this TC one of the hardest ever.

We've already had OTAs when other teams don't. Sing will knock the snot out of these kids to keep their egos in check.

That's EXACTLY what Walsh would have done
Sounds about right.
We are getting a little hype from the media... this seems very reminiscent of the last few years. Lets live up to it finally
i dont care about wat has happened in the past, the reasons every TRUE SAN FRANCISCO 49ER FAN should be excited is how everyone is in place except (huge except i kno) the two rookie lineman, which may not even start, either of them...... from last year, continuity, an complete off season for CRABTREE AND ALEX TOGETHER, ALEX AND EVERTHING THAT GOES WITH OUT SAYING, VERNON OFF A CAREER YEAR, PATRICK OFF AN EXTENSION, SAME COACHES, COORDINATORS, PLAYBOOK....this my friends is why we should all be expecting great things (baring injuries, of course, we know we are VERY injury prone, especially preseason)
Originally posted by JPREZ2XXL:
i dont care about wat has happened in the past, the reasons every TRUE SAN FRANCISCO 49ER FAN should be excited is how everyone is in place except (huge except i kno) the two rookie lineman, which may not even start, either of them...... from last year, continuity, an complete off season for CRABTREE AND ALEX TOGETHER, ALEX AND EVERTHING THAT GOES WITH OUT SAYING, VERNON OFF A CAREER YEAR, PATRICK OFF AN EXTENSION, SAME COACHES, COORDINATORS, PLAYBOOK....this my friends is why we should all be expecting great things (baring injuries, of course, we know we are VERY injury prone, especially preseason)

this noob is going places in life
@sincalfaithful


PRECIATE IT, I DONT KNOW HOW TO POST UR SAYING YET, SO HERE'S THANKS!!!
we need to whoop ass on some playoff teams

madden curse begins on monday night when we play the Saints
We have to prove it before anybody believes in us but I think we are better.
Originally posted by JPREZ2XXL:
@sincalfaithful


PRECIATE IT, I DONT KNOW HOW TO POST UR SAYING YET, SO HERE'S THANKS!!!

there should be a little quote box at the bottom right hand corner of each persons post
That is awesome because second tier teams have been going to the Superbowls lately.
Originally posted by teeohh:
we need to whoop ass on some playoff teams

madden curse begins on monday night when we play the Saints

this
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by teeohh:
we need to whoop ass on some playoff teams

madden curse begins on monday night when we play the Saints

this

teeohh, this quote f**ks hard.

we will show Brees pain.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on May 27, 2010 at 12:11 AM ]
bulls**t!!

show me first
Until we prove we're a top tier team, we are not.