LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Alex Smith-Pro Bowl ARticle

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Personally I would not be surprised if A. Smith made it to the pro-bowl. I am more concerned to get to the playoffs. With Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Williams/Hill, Gore, V. Davis, Iupati, A. Davis, Boone, and the second year of Air Raye I think we will see a new and budding QB in A. Smith. I can see 35 TDs and 12 Ints. I can see 5-7 games of 300+ yards passing. So I am excited to see what will happen in this years run to the playoffs.

I agree. I think A. Smith will be much improved, Pro Bowl improved? Maybe as a alternate. I also don't think he will have quite that many TDs or that many 300 yard passing games. Thinking more like 27TDs and 3-5 300 Passing games(Though I would not complain one bit if he proved me wrong)

Should be a fun and exciting season....I can't wait
I believe he will be better than we have ever seen before. You can't underestimate the same system and same offensive coordinator for the first time in his career for 2 years in a row. Also this is potentially the best O Line he has ever had and the best weapons he has ever had.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by TDTomAndo:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Bleacherreport, nuff said.

It's just an extended message board.

Why do people hate on The Bleacher Report? Unreliable info.

Because anyone and their mom can contribute to the bleacher report.

So there not real sportswriters then? Is that why we hate on their breaking news stories? Imo I found the Niner articles enjoyable.

Yes, THEY are not real sportswriters. And Bleacher Report has NEVER had a breaking news story... ever.

If you think I'm wrong, prove me wrong.
I'll just be happy if the 9ers can string together 3 or more consecutive wins. Wouldn't that be swell? I am amused at the knee jerking by people. Can this be any worse than the useless drivel that Jeff Kaplan spews?
Alex would have to perform better than Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Donovan Mcnabb, Eli Manning, Tony Romo, Brett Favre, and Aaron Rodgers. I highly doubt that he will play any better than any of those guys.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I believe he will be better than we have ever seen before. You can't underestimate the same system and same offensive coordinator for the first time in his career for 2 years in a row. Also this is potentially the best O Line he has ever had and the best weapons he has ever had.

New here, but I would say that Pro Bowls should not be a concern for Alex Smith or any 49er for that matter. Winning championships is what this organization is about. Pro Bowls will come eventually as a natural product of that.

Alex Smith has had a very tough challenge with the constant upheaval of the 49er coaching staff and management. Comparing him to past 49ers or having that immediate expectation is unfair. He will still need time to develop and become better. If all goes steadily this year, he will likely take a major leap next year. At this junction, it is all about focusing on getting to the playoffs and getting a few breaks and hopefully making it back to the Super Bowl.

Alex Smith has Super Bowl, top-tier potential and if groomed properly, he will get there. Steve Young is the classic example of how much training and experience it takes to reach that pinnacle. Work ethic, continually good personnel decisions, Super Bowl expectations and an intelligent game plan will get the 49ers back to the top, inevitably.
bleacherreport>Jeff Kaplan
Personally I would not be surprised if A. Smith made it to the pro-bowl. I am more concerned to get to the playoffs. With Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Williams/Hill, Gore, V. Davis, Iupati, A. Davis, Boone, and the second year of Air Raye I think we will see a new and budding QB in A. Smith. I can see 35 TDs and 12 Ints. I can see 5-7 games of 300+ yards passing. So I am excited to see what will happen in this years run to the playoffs.

I don't entirely disagree with you but please bear in mind that both Davis and Iupati are rookies. Thus they are, for their first year, likely to be less of an asset and more of a liability. In the short term.

You do realize that the only thing that would possibly prevent us from getting to the playoffs is sub-par QB play. So if you're thinking A. Smith has a Pro Bowl year, you should have zero concerns regarding the playoffs. Hell, if he has a Pro Bowl year, we may damn well make it to the super bowl. He's the question mark here.

Problem is.... I can pretty much guarantee he doesn't make it to the Pro Bowl. He'll be improved, no doubt, but that's a pretty big jump for a guy who's only shown very dim glimpses of having "it".
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

This. And I like the kid. But Pro Bowl this year???
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

You do realize that the only thing that would possibly prevent us from getting to the playoffs is sub-par QB play. So if you're thinking A. Smith has a Pro Bowl year, you should have zero concerns regarding the playoffs. Hell, if he has a Pro Bowl year, we may damn well make it to the super bowl. He's the question mark here.

Problem is.... I can pretty much guarantee he doesn't make it to the Pro Bowl. He'll be improved, no doubt, but that's a pretty big jump for a guy who's only shown very dim glimpses of having "it".

You know i actually agree with you to a certain degree. But lets not take away things from the D as well. Yes we were i think top 5 or 10 in pts against us, HOWEVER, AND A BIG HOWEVER, we got burned soo many times deep last year. One of the games that I really hated in the end besides the Favre and Manning game, was the one against the Packs.

OUr defense got completely s**tted on, and within the final 4 minutes all we hoped for was for a stop from our defense to see if the offense could win it, and they let Rodgers get 2 to 3 key first downs. After the game even Sing said, it would of been nice to see if our O could of brought us back.

So once again, I'll say, what WILL keep us out of the playoffs is sub par QB play, and if we here this phrase as much as I heard it last year, "Their making the other teams line and players look like Pro-Bowlers." Soo many teams, even the bad ones had career days against our passing defense, so tighten that up too on the field, and we will really be a force to deal with.
Derek Anderson made the Probowl 2 years ago.

He had: An elite WR, TE, and running back.

Check, check, and check...

This article is possibly more biased than this board. Oh well. Bring on the season!
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Derek Anderson made the Probowl 2 years ago.

He had: An elite WR, TE, and running back.

Check, check, and check...

This article is possibly more biased than this board. Oh well. Bring on the season!

Anderson was an injury replacement for Tom Brady in 2007. He wasn't voted in.
Share 49ersWebzone