LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Camp battle to watch; Mays vs V. Davis!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think these two guys could make each other much better since they are freakish athletes that will be matched up one on one at times.

Both are physical specimens that can flat out run. Both can punish opponents when it comes to being physical, and because of the positions they play they will matched up often in practice.

Your thoughts?
Mays is the type of player opposing teams would match up on Vernon. to bad hes on our team..
bu haha!! b***hes.
I agree, but I expect Davis to have no problem going up for balls against Mays because of his apparently terrible ball skills. Mays should be able to keep up with him though.
won't be much of camp battle b/c I don't think Mays will get that many 1st team reps over Lewis but hey we will see.
Sounds good, but probably a little ahead of ourselves here.

We are talking about: A rookie and an All-Pro
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I think these two guys could make each other much better since they are freakish athletes that will be matched up one on one at times.

Both are physical specimens that can flat out run. Both can punish opponents when it comes to being physical, and because of the positions they play they will matched up often in practice.

Your thoughts?

I highly doubt Mays will be doing much work with the first team. In OTAs, he took snaps with the second and third groups and never once was on the field when Davis was.

It seems Mays is going to need time to develop his mental game before he makes any sort of impact.
Originally posted by lamontb:
won't be much of camp battle b/c I don't think Mays will get that many 1st team reps over Lewis but hey we will see.

i was gonna say unless VD is running with the thrid team offence they wont see each other much
I don't think it will be all that. If Vernon isn't running a 9 route, Mays won't need to move much. Heck, 4.6 speed LBs can cover Vernon if he's not running a 9 route. He's just not that quick out of breaks.
LOL, in camp it is rare to see the 1's against the 1's, it is almost always the first string offense against the second or third string defense!

They should see eachother often in seven on seven drills and in during the first string offense practice. Even in team drills they rotate players. Should be interesting!
LOL, in camp it is rare to see the 1's against the 1's, it is almost always the first string offense against the second or third string defense!

They should see eachother often in seven on seven drills and in during the first string offense practice. Even in team drills they rotate players. Should be interesting!

Mays is not on the first string defense yet. He's been on the 3rd if I'm correct.
[ Edited by BigDaddy on May 25, 2010 at 2:17 PM ]

I would be very surprised if Vernon doesnt totally dominate Mays in practice for the next several years. Your talking about a pro bowl player against a rookie.
Originally posted by hubbyt:
I would be very surprised if Vernon doesnt totally dominate Mays in practice for the next several years. Your talking about a pro bowl player against a rookie.

so mays is going to be a rookie for several years.?
Originally posted by BigDaddy:

Mays is not on the first string defense yet. He's been on the 3rd if I'm correct.

?
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by hubbyt:

so mays is going to be a rookie for several years.?

Not to mention he is a fully developed rookie with speed!
nvm.
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on May 25, 2010 at 3:29 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone