There are 208 users in the forums

America's Game: 1995 Dallas Cowboys

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Watching this on NFLN right now and boy oh boy does it sting. It stings so badly because so much of the focus of this episode is on the 1994 NFC Championship game, and the Week 11 win at Dallas the following year. Watching all these Cowboys pouring it out on TV...convinced that they were finally the inferior team....it stings because we HAD them.

After all those years of back and forth it was going to be San Francisco coming out on top. It was going to be the 49ers who go on to three-peat and become the team of the 90s. Everything had finally fallen into place.

....and then Brett Favre happened. Some way, some how, Dallas could beat him...but we could not. I'm still at a loss, I've got nothing. The 1995 Packers...hell, even the 1996 Packers, and especially the 1997 Packers, were NOT better than the 49ers teams in any of those years. Still, that had that one guy at quarterback, and for some reason he had this spell on us.

It stings so bad knowing that we finally had it all, and that redneck s**thead had to come along and ruin it all. Ruined my afternoon, too.

He also ruined our 2009 season! It all went downhill after that miracle play.

I know it's blasphemy.. But after all those years of having favre kick our ass, and watching the packers fail in the following rounds, when it should have been us winning....

I like watching brett favre play now, I guess he is the last player who was great when i was still youngish.

The only games of farve I enjoyed is when we beat him. GB and NYJ.
Thats why I hate the packers. I've always hated the cowgirls, but the packers run a close second to the teams I don't like..........
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Thats why I hate the packers. I've always hated the cowgirls, but the packers run a close second to the teams I don't like..........

I hated the Packers worse than the Cowboys....at least when we lost to the Cowboys, they beat us...but with Green Bay, it always seemed like something funky would happen....fumble here, KR there.....bad weather.

it was not just Farve that beat the 9ers...it was Desman Howard on SP... LeRoy Butler blitzing untouched up the middle over and over and over on Steve Young......Dorsy Levens, Edgar Bennet.....Antonio Freeman, Robert Brooks...Reggie White, Gilbert Fatty Brown, Santana Dotson etc

oh god I hated the Packers....and their fans would take over our stadium

can't believe Aaron Rodgers is over there.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:
Losing Ricky Watters after 94 really hurt the teams in years to follow. He was a very dynamic RB.

very dynamic running back who didnt want to stay if it meant taking $1 less than any other team would have offered

Watters left because he wanted MORE CARRIES it wasn't about the money. [/argument]

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Afrikan:

I hated the Packers worse than the Cowboys....at least when we lost to the Cowboys, they beat us...but with Green Bay, it always seemed like something funky would happen....fumble here, KR there.....bad weather.

it was not just Farve that beat the 9ers...it was Desman Howard on SP... LeRoy Butler blitzing untouched up the middle over and over and over on Steve Young......Dorsy Levens, Edgar Bennet.....Antonio Freeman, Robert Brooks...Reggie White, Gilbert Fatty Brown, Santana Dotson etc

Don F'N Bebe.

Oh and don't forget the Zebras calling us for contact at 5 yards and not on the Pack for contact after 8. Brent Jones got pummeled by their LBs'.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on May 25, 2010 at 6:21 AM ]
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Don F'N Bebe.

Oh and don't forget the Zebras calling us for contact at 5 yards and not on the Pack for contact after 8. Brent Jones got pummeled by their LBs'.

~Ceadder

I'm getting sick just thinking about those playoff games with the cheeseheads..... One day the Niners will have their revenge over the Pack........
For the record, the only reason I was watching a Cowboy's film reel was because it was noon on a weekday, and there was nothing on TV to watch while I chowed on lunch. I'll watch just about anything on NFL Network, football is in the blood.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Don F'N Bebe.

~Ceadder

Packers always get the calls in every Niner game except one that I've seen. Refs just jobbed us every time.

Too F'n true. I stopped even worrying about the crappy calls the last game cause I know this to be true.

F@k steroids in Baseball, how bout investigating the Refs in the NFL for CLEARLY botched calls. Hey if NBA refs bet on games they officiate then how likely is it for them to bet the spread and go with the favorite. Very, I think.

Hell the only reason I don't take advantage of that is cause I don't bet against the Red and Gold EVER. Those that do shouldn't even be a 9er fan imho.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone