LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

America's Game: 1995 Dallas Cowboys

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Watching this on NFLN right now and boy oh boy does it sting. It stings so badly because so much of the focus of this episode is on the 1994 NFC Championship game, and the Week 11 win at Dallas the following year. Watching all these Cowboys pouring it out on TV...convinced that they were finally the inferior team....it stings because we HAD them.

After all those years of back and forth it was going to be San Francisco coming out on top. It was going to be the 49ers who go on to three-peat and become the team of the 90s. Everything had finally fallen into place.

....and then Brett Favre happened. Some way, some how, Dallas could beat him...but we could not. I'm still at a loss, I've got nothing. The 1995 Packers...hell, even the 1996 Packers, and especially the 1997 Packers, were NOT better than the 49ers teams in any of those years. Still, that had that one guy at quarterback, and for some reason he had this spell on us.

It stings so bad knowing that we finally had it all, and that redneck s**thead had to come along and ruin it all. Ruined my afternoon, too.
favre did have our number in the mid to late 90's, but we did pimp slap lots of teams for many years so u gotta take the good with the bad and with one more title we're still gonna be tied for the most super bowls so it aint all bad
Losing Ricky Watters after 94 really hurt the teams in years to follow. He was a very dynamic RB.
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:
Losing Ricky Watters after 94 really hurt the teams in years to follow. He was a very dynamic RB.

very dynamic running back who didnt want to stay if it meant taking $1 less than any other team would have offered
Would have won most of those games with Walsh. Eddie should have re-hired Walsh instead of Mooch.
That sucks
Originally posted by vermonator:
Would have won most of those games with Walsh. Eddie should have re-hired Walsh instead of Mooch.

That thought just blew my mind!!!
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by vermonator:

That thought just blew my mind!!!

its 100% the truth too
It's too hard for me to watch that episode...
I could never watch anything on TV dedicated to the cowgirls.

It's Cowboys circle-jerk week on the NFL Network.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Watching this on NFLN right now and boy oh boy does it sting. It stings so badly because so much of the focus of this episode is on the 1994 NFC Championship game, and the Week 11 win at Dallas the following year. Watching all these Cowboys pouring it out on TV...convinced that they were finally the inferior team....it stings because we HAD them.

After all those years of back and forth it was going to be San Francisco coming out on top. It was going to be the 49ers who go on to three-peat and become the team of the 90s. Everything had finally fallen into place.

....and then Brett Favre happened. Some way, some how, Dallas could beat him...but we could not. I'm still at a loss, I've got nothing. The 1995 Packers...hell, even the 1996 Packers, and especially the 1997 Packers, were NOT better than the 49ers teams in any of those years. Still, that had that one guy at quarterback, and for some reason he had this spell on us.

It stings so bad knowing that we finally had it all, and that redneck s**thead had to come along and ruin it all. Ruined my afternoon, too.

He also ruined our 2009 season! It all went downhill after that miracle play.
Originally posted by crabman82:

very dynamic running back who didnt want to stay if it meant taking $1 less than any other team would have offered

Just like 99.9% of NFL players. Its a business. Owners rarely get criticized for treating it in such a way, I don't think players should either especially when they are the ones getting their heads beat in each week.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Originally posted by zillabeast:

He also ruined our 2009 season! It all went downhill after that miracle play.

I know it's blasphemy.. But after all those years of having favre kick our ass, and watching the packers fail in the following rounds, when it should have been us winning....

I like watching brett favre play now, I guess he is the last player who was great when i was still youngish.

This and the fact that Siefert couldn't figure out how todefend the TE seam route.
Share 49ersWebzone