There are 144 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Two Niners among sleepers this year

Did not see it posted....

Alex Smith and Crabtree among sleepers to emerge this year. Hope so..

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/18559/give-me-your-2010-poy-candidates
I'm not sure how anyone could consider Crabtree a "sleeper". Maybe Josh Morgan, but the league knows about Crabtree. He entered the NFL with tons of hype and press going back to his college days. He's not sneaking up on anyone. I think most coaches around the league already recognize him as a true threat.
A.Smith has definitely been sleeping the past 6 seasons.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Quote:
Smith's personal growth was overshadowed a bit by the team's 5-5 record during those starts. He posted a career-best 60.5% completion rate during a total of 11 game appearances and threw 18 touchdown passes -- two more than he threw during 16 starts back in 2006. And one statistic that really convinced me that Smith has turned the corner was his incredibly low rate of poor throws as scored by STATS last season. Just 10.5% of Smith's passes to open receivers were off the mark, a rate that put him in a tie for second-best in the league along with the Vikings' Brett Favre and just barely off the 10.3% pace of former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner. The Saints' Drew Brees (11.1%), the Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger (12.1%) and the Colts' Peyton Manning (12.8%) rounded out the league's top performers.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/a...n-for-optimism
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on May 24, 2010 at 9:58 AM ]
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Quote:
Smith's personal growth was overshadowed a bit by the team's 5-5 record during those starts. He posted a career-best 60.5% completion rate during a total of 11 game appearances and threw 18 touchdown passes -- two more than he threw during 16 starts back in 2006. And one statistic that really convinced me that Smith has turned the corner was his incredibly low rate of poor throws as scored by STATS last season. Just 10.5% of Smith's passes to open receivers were off the mark, a rate that put him in a tie for second-best in the league along with the Vikings' Brett Favre and just barely off the 10.3% pace of former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner. The Saints' Drew Brees (11.1%), the Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger (12.1%) and the Colts' Peyton Manning (12.8%) rounded out the league's top performers.

Nice
Not exactly sure why but I think Taylor Mays is going to have a solid rookie season.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Quote:

That's a great stat!

If it all comes together (which is to say the OL can both pass protect and run block effectively), Smith and Crabtree could have exceptional seasons. So could Gore and Vernon Davis.
  • TFSP

Smith will make a nice backup for my fantasy team
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:
I'm not sure how anyone could consider Crabtree a "sleeper". Maybe Josh Morgan, but the league knows about Crabtree. He entered the NFL with tons of hype and press going back to his college days. He's not sneaking up on anyone. I think most coaches around the league already recognize him as a true threat.

Agreed.
This is more about who Clayton views as sleeper picks to be the best player in the division next year not sleepers in general league wide.
I agree with their Wells pick
Originally posted by lamontb:
This is more about who Clayton views as sleeper picks to be the best player in the division next year not sleepers in general league wide.

i believe they are actually sando's picks, another seattle homer
I pulling for Brooks to have a monster year.
By Mike Sando

Originally posted by lamontb:

Didn't even read it, did you?