LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

The 49ers Current WR Corps... Who Stays, Who Goes?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Replacing Jason Hill with Ginn is a mistake in my opinion. Hill is larger and has much better hands, as well as showing that he will make a tough catch in traffic to pick up a first down. I think he has some personality conflicts with J.Sullivan and as a result hasn't gotten on the field as much as he should.

I'm thinking it should look like this:
Crabtree
Morgan
Jones
Hill
Ginn
Rookie (whoever gets the spot if we carry 6)

With Jones playing the slot, Hill spelling Crabs and Morgan and Ginn coming in on designed pass plays/3d and long situations. Ginn is not going to be an effective blocker.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AkNiners:
Replacing Jason Hill with Ginn is a mistake in my opinion. Hill is larger and has much better hands, as well as showing that he will make a tough catch in traffic to pick up a first down. I think he has some personality conflicts with J.Sullivan and as a result hasn't gotten on the field as much as he should.

I'm thinking it should look like this:
Crabtree
Morgan
Jones
Hill
Ginn
Rookie (whoever gets the spot if we carry 6)

With Jones playing the slot, Hill spelling Crabs and Morgan and Ginn coming in on designed pass plays/3d and long situations. Ginn is not going to be an effective blocker.

Don't Raye and Sing have more authority over who plays than Sully ? If Hill was deserving of more PT don't you think the coaches would dress him and use him more frequently ?
I fully expect Singletary to use one roster spot on the team for a guy who exclusively works as a returner. The WR spot is interesting.

Crabtree and Morgan are #1 and #2 for sure.

#3 is going to come down to Ginn, Hill, and Jones.
#4 is going to be between the loser of #3's battle and Kyle Williams.

We'll carry 5 receivers, I think, but I expect the fifth one is going to be that pure returner, who is also listed as a WR.

I'm guessing it'll look like:

1.) Crabtree
2.) Morgan
3a.) Ginn - because of his speed in the slot, and that he can potentially return
3b.) Hill - I think he'll win out over Jones, but Jones can win also.
4.) Williams
5?.) Jones
i agree with your picks since we have extra wr spot with issac bruce still undecided cut him add t.o i bet he produces tds period i have also made highlight reel for defense check it out

http://redzone-re-cutter.nfl.com/clip.aspx?key=86FE80BC52C5722B&ctx=medialist&type=image
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I do not see why everyone is crying about Jones, I remember hearing he was doing really well in the OTA's last year before he got hurt. Why would you want to cut him if he turns out to be a valuable asset to the wr corps. He is probably safer than Ginn if he cannot learn to catch the ball consistently.
He is waaaay overpaid and he'd probably end up being our 4th or 5th receiver and last year we found out that he can't return punts.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Michael Crabtree
Josh Morgan
Ted Ginn Jr.
Jason Hill
Kyle Williams

GET THE f**k OUTTA HERE JONES!

agree
Originally posted by foreign49er:
I agree, Jones might take Hill's spot if Hill doesn't perform in TC though.

Hill will out perform him, plus Jones gets paid to much
Originally posted by BigRon:
15 Crabtree, Michael WR 6-1 214 22 R Texas Tech
19 Ginn, Ted Jr. WR 5-11 180 25 4 Ohio State
84 Morgan, Josh WR 6-0 219 24 2 Virginia Tech
10 Williams, Kyle WR 5-11 186 R Arizona State
89 Hill, Jason WR 6-0 202 25 3 Washington State
81 Jones, Brandon WR 6-1 212 27 5 Oklahoma

Keep all 6. One is our Return Ginnious
I get the feeling that no one thinks Brandon Jones can contribute.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I get the feeling that no one thinks Brandon Jones can contribute.

same here...if he wouldn't have got hurt last year he would've been able to contribute..but thats how it goes

Originally posted by BigRon:
15 Crabtree, Michael WR 6-1 214 22 R Texas Tech
19 Ginn, Ted Jr. WR 5-11 180 25 4 Ohio State
84 Morgan, Josh WR 6-0 219 24 2 Virginia Tech
10 Williams, Kyle WR 5-11 186 R Arizona State
89 Hill, Jason WR 6-0 202 25 3 Washington State
81 Jones, Brandon WR 6-1 212 27 5 Oklahoma

Keep all 6. One is our Return Ginnious

This would be nice, but dat means 5 backs, and probably 9 OL's..
Ted Ginn is not a lock to make this team.
I wouldn't be shocked if Ted Ginn was cut. if he can't catch the ball he should be gone. but it really probably comes down to Hill, Jones and Kyle Williams. I like all 3 I'm going to guess and say Hill gets cut.
Is this the annual "argue for 35 pages over our 5th WR" thread? Preseason is almost here!!!
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
I think we keep 6:

Michael Crabtree
Josh Morgan
Ted Ginn Jr.
Kyle Williams
Jason Hill
Brandon Jones

This looks about right, although I am guessing they take Jones over Hill if only keeping 5. Everyone has Kyle Williams penciled in, but I think he would be on the bubble as well
Share 49ersWebzone