LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Would you believe this last year...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If I told you before the season started last year that Vernon Davis would be one of the best tight ends in the NFL, Alex Smith wouldn't be considered a bust, and the Niners would be the clear favorites to win the NFC West in 2010, would you have believed it?

I don't think I would have. This makes me think about how psyched I am for this season. We have come sooo far from a season ago and we haven't even added any major free agents.
[ Edited by Draftology on May 19, 2010 at 4:45 PM ]
Lol sounds like our 2006 offseason
  • Tman
  • Veteran
If you told me?

No

If somebody else did?

Yes
sooo smith is no longer in danger of being called a bust?
[ Edited by Allx9er on May 19, 2010 at 1:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Draftology:
If I told you before the season started last year that Vernon Davis would be one of the best tight ends in the NFL, Alex Smith wouldn't be considered a bust, and the Niners would be the clear favorites to win the NFC in 2010, would you have believed it?

I don't think I would have. This makes me think about how psyched I am for this season. We have come sooo far from a season ago and we haven't even added any major free agents.

Some don't even think we're favorites to win our division, much less the conference
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Not any more, being the unquestioned starter in year 5 pretty much removes the BUST label.

Now we'll see if he becomes:

A Serviceable Starting QB
A Playoff Caliber Starting QB
An MVP Caliber Starting QB

Maybe by next year at this time we will have a better idea.
[ Edited by NinerBuff on May 19, 2010 at 4:36 PM ]
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Well, we could slowly see the progression in this team since Nolan took over! Eventually, we're bound to get better with all the new talent we drafted/picked up! Now we have a good coaching staff to get these players going.

What really hurt us was the O-line, Alex getting hurt in his third year and every flipping year we would LOSE our OC!!!

This is finally a year where we can develope some consistency and continuity!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by Draftology:
If I told you before the season started last year that Vernon Davis would be one of the best tight ends in the NFL, Alex Smith wouldn't be considered a bust, and the Niners would be the clear favorites to win the NFC in 2010, would you have believed it?

Some don't even think we're favorites to win our division, much less the conference
that was supposed to be NFC west
Originally posted by Chico:
Well, we could slowly see the progression in this team since Nolan took over! Eventually, we're bound to get better with all the new talent we drafted/picked up! Now we have a good coaching staff to get these players going.

What really hurt us was the O-line, Alex getting hurt in his third year and every flipping year we would LOSE our OC!!!

Yup, alot of people hate on Nolan but he did build the foundation of this team. I'll always give him props for that. He sure was a s**tty coach though. I think Nolan can make a good gm for an NFL team imo.

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Not any more, being the unquestioned starter in year 5 pretty much removes the BUST label.

Now we'll see if he becomes:

A Serviceable Starting QB
A Playoff Caliber Starting QB
An MVP Caliber Starting QB
(or)A career back up QB

Maybe by next year at this time we will have a better idea.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Lol sounds like our 2006 offseason

U mean 07?
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by Chico:

Yup, alot of people hate on Nolan but he did build the foundation of this team. I'll always give him props for that. He sure was a s**tty coach though. I think Nolan can make a good gm for an NFL team imo.

Agree with you a 100% here.. and yea he might make a pretty good gm
Would you believe me this time next year...

That the niners would win the west?

Singletary was offered a bunch of coaching jobs?

That their might not be a football season in 2011?
Oh boy, this thread.
Share 49ersWebzone