LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Good job 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

When the 49ers signed Patrick Willis to a big contract extension, the team said he symbolized what they wanted out of a player, on the field and off.

On Tuesday, Willis provided Exhibit A of what they were talking about.

Make that Exhibit A+.

Brandon Dale, a 15-year-old kid from Santa Clara was on hand to watch practice as a guest of the team. Brandon is a big 49ers fan. Willis is his favorite player.

Brandon also has an advanced stage of terminal liver cancer. His father, Andy, said doctors “are not optimistic that he will be with us for much longer.” Andy also said that “because of the cancer, (Brandon) is bitter and very unhappy and has been very depressed and hopeless.”

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2010/05/18/49ers-lb-patrick-willis-makes-dream-come-true-for-young-cancer-patient/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29
thats awesome
Man I think I am gonna rain.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Very touching
Good post Sus. It is a sad story, it must be very hard on the family.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Good post Sus. It is a sad story, it must be very hard on the family.

Yah as a father I totally feel that family. Just knowing your child is slowly dieing and there is nothing you can do about it. Very sad
THIS is what the Niners have always represented - CLASS! Thanks so much for posting this and props to all the Niners at the OTA's who stepped up and took care of this family for one day including those beind the scenes that set this up.
. . . but at least for a day, or even just a few hours he could take his mind off his illness . . . man that sucks . . . I wonder if he's on a transplant list or if it's even an option? . . . Can't wait to get home to hug my son.

Great story. Poor kid :-(

Wouldn't it of been great if the kid told Smith he didn't want his autograph?

• fly15
  • Veteran
Just got done reading this... takes me back to the old days... truly a class act.
This stuff is why I'm proud to be a 49ers fan. -It's not about the trophies, records, or championships... it's the goodwill, heart, and class of the team towards its fans that makes each game worth watching (from week to week).
Brandon also has an advanced stage of terminal liver cancer. His father, Andy, said doctors “are not optimistic that he will be with us for much longer.” Andy also said that “because of a nearly decade long playoff drought, (Brandon) is bitter and very unhappy and has been very depressed and hopeless."
Lets dedicate this season to Brandon!
Share 49ersWebzone