There are 280 users in the forums

Rookie signings

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Let's hope it doesn't take as long as it did last year to sign all our rookies.

Anthony Davis -
Mike Iupati -
Taylor Mays -
Navorro Bowman -
Anthony Dixon -
Nate Byham -
Kyle Williams - 4 yrs
Phillip Adams - 4 yrs

Phillip Adams became the first 49er draft pick to sign:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=pfw-20100517_niners_sign_rookie_cb_adams
[ Edited by YourHuckleberry on May 20, 2010 at 5:04 PM ]
I think this offseason's rookie signings will go well. I'd love to have everyone signed and in camp smoothly.
im interested in also seeing when other teams sign there guys. the last couple years the 9ers have been ahead of the curve save Crabtree debacle.
P.M. will get it done.
We only need to worry about the top guys. I could be wrong but I don't recall O linemen holding out before. And Mays must have read so much sh1t about himself since the draft I imagine he just can't wait to get in there and start proving them wrong
Originally posted by English:
We only need to worry about the top guys. I could be wrong but I don't recall O linemen holding out before. And Mays must have read so much sh1t about himself since the draft I imagine he just can't wait to get in there and start proving them wrong

it is rare but mckinnie held out into his rookie year like crabtree
hey crabman
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
hey crabman

Don't be biting my act, son.
I think last year it was like 28 1st round guys unsigned til about a week before training camp then everybody got in line
Williams gets a 4 year deal

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/05/two-down-niners.html

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
hey crabman

Don't be biting my act, son.

is your name earl hickie?
Originally posted by English:

I believe the OL the Chiefs drafted last year was one of the last ones standing with Crabtree
Say what you like about the front office, they get the rookie signings done quickly. Well except for Crabtree.
If you are using the 'Crabtree' thing as a guage, how often has that happened to us? Not lately. The contract signings have been the most consistant area of the FO that we have not had to question.
A few years ago there was another big fast safety like Mays who turned out pretty well in Brian Urlacher. The parallels seems pretty similar. In the case of Mays, I think he will be a safety but many large safeties do not show the agility to handle the DB role. I saw the film on Mays during OTAs and he appeared much more coordinated and smooth in his movements. He looked like a defensive lineman who was fast but not agile at the combine but running at the OTAs, he looked more compact and smoother like a db. There may be a lot of truth in his statement that he was not trained to be a cover guy but strictly a banger to intimidate offenses. It will be instructive to see if coaching can train a guy like that into a true safety. He sure has the physical tools. If he can be coached into the kind of safety that we are seeking, I think Singletary may have found a real gem. Even if he does become a linebacker, which I really doubt but for the sake of argument, we will have three linebackers with sub 4.4 speed. That would scare me if I was another team.
Share 49ersWebzone