49ers expected to rule division

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who said bust??? SHOW YOURSELF!

Originally posted by ace49ers:
Sorry to hijack your thread but

Originally posted by archcity49er:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37181167/ns/sports-nfl/

Quote:
When you look at the athletes San Francisco has assembled on both sides of the ball, you see few glaring weaknesses — none that will stand in the team's way in a weak division.

Why do people keep saying this is a weak division? Clearly these people that say it are new to the NFL. Because if they bothered to look through the last 10 years they'll see that the NFC has been represented by the NFC West 4 times. Thats 1 more then any other team in the NFC. In the AFC its the Patriots with all 4 appearances.

This is clearly not the weaker division if teams from here manage to make it to the big show more often.

Back on topic:

Yes we have all the elements to push for a playoff birth. But our team needs to gel before then.

Well I think if you look at NFC west draft positions this year and lately (and add to that all of AZ's losses this off season) the division is not as strong a lot of the others. Heck the year AZ went to the super bowl they backed in to the playoffs. I agree that there are other divisions that are arguably weaker i.e. AFC west....
Every year there have been predictions of good things that didn't pan out, and this year is no different. I'll believe it when I see it. Seems as if the Niners always find a way to lose and why should 2010 not be the same?

Prediction - Carroll will re-energize Seattle and Singletary will find a way to screw things up.

Seahawks 9-7
Niners 8-8
Originally posted by jsaniner:
Every year there have been predictions of good things that didn't pan out, and this year is no different. I'll believe it when I see it. Seems as if the Niners always find a way to lose and why should 2010 not be the same?

Prediction - Carroll will re-energize Seattle and Singletary will find a way to screw things up.

Seahawks 9-7
Niners 8-8
Anything less than ruling this division will be a huge disappointment.

Seahawks 9-7
Niners 8-8

are you even a niner fan?
  • kray28
  • Veteran
This team has proven nothing to be picked as the favorites in anything.
It really takes a fool to not see that the 49ers are buliding something special. I could see it starting 3 years ago.
Originally posted by FourNine49:

Seahawks 9-7
Niners 8-8

Seattle will be a tough out, no matter how you slice it. They have a lot of good pieces in place on D, if they figure it out they could be scary.

And ari had a lot of losses, but they plugged the holes pretty good. I'm still pulling for us to make the playoffs, but I thought we should have made it eveyr year since 07
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Seriously I hate these stupid predictions.

The 49ers have been division champs on paper for YEARS.

They've somehow always found a way to screw it up, so I'll be here to say to ignore these predictions / expectations and for the 49ers just to COME WITH IT!
[ Edited by LA_NINERS on May 17, 2010 at 8:31 AM ]

Originally posted by kray28:
This team has proven nothing to be picked as the favorites in anything.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran

Seahawks 9-7
Niners 8-8

Ask your doctor about Zoloft, Paxil, and Wellbutrin.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Nice

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by FourNine49:

Seahawks 9-7
Niners 8-8

Seattle will be a tough out, no matter how you slice it. They have a lot of good pieces in place on D, if they figure it out they could be scary.

And ari had a lot of losses, but they plugged the holes pretty good. I'm still pulling for us to make the playoffs, but I thought we should have made it eveyr year since 07

Nah, since '08.
Share 49ersWebzone