There are 204 users in the forums

Manny Lawson's worth

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It's rumored Lawson wants $40M a contract not that far off from Willis and close to what VD will probably get. I say the guy is nuts and it worth 25M tops, what contract do you think Lawson is worthy of?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Maybe 4-5 mil a year
No more than a couple of mil....His production or lack there of...speaks for itself. It looks like this is his last year with the team....SEE YA!!!
ya feels like its his last season with the team, which is a good thing for us cus he needs a good season to get a good contract from anyone, so maybe he will have a similar impact to the season franklin put together in his contract year
Lawson is one of my favorite Niners and I hope he does stay with us. If he really is asking for that much then were gonna have to let him walk. Hope it doesn't happen and in that Lawson is gonna beast it this year!
  • PaulW
  • Veteran
He wants what Calvin Pace got and his production is similar so it's not far fetched for him to think he deserves it. I don't think he's worth that much to the 49ers but I'm sure some other team will overpay for him.
Originally posted by PaulW:
He wants what Calvin Pace got and his production is similar so it's not far fetched for him to think he deserves it. I don't think he's worth that much to the 49ers but I'm sure some other team will overpay for him.

Agree
He's still gonna play this year right?
Lawson stinks of a guy who has a monster year right before his contract expires. So hes going to have a huge year and its going to be impossible to resign him. But he will sign long term elsewhere and be mediocre.
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Lawson stinks of a guy who has a monster year right before his contract expires. So hes going to have a huge year and its going to be impossible to resign him. But he will sign long term elsewhere and be mediocre.

yup i agree, he sets the edge real good on runs, if he gets his pass rush going. he could be a force.

Originally posted by awol36:

yup i agree, he sets the edge real good on runs, if he gets his pass rush going. he could be a force.

At this point in his career he is what he is. he isn't gonna ever be a good pass rusher
I feel that niner fans don't appreciate how lawson set the edge last year. I watched every game and noticed that he definitely does not play as lanky as he looks and he is also pretty good in pursuit. I agree he did not show much pass rush moves, but he also did not have a lot of consistent opportunities. He also seemed pretty good in coverage
Originally posted by spizzy:
I feel that niner fans don't appreciate how lawson set the edge last year. I watched every game and noticed that he definitely does not play as lanky as he looks and he is also pretty good in pursuit. I agree he did not show much pass rush moves, but he also did not have a lot of consistent opportunities. He also seemed pretty good in coverage

Agreed
im a Lawson fan but no way is he worth $40M.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by awol36:

At this point in his career he is what he is. he isn't gonna ever be a good pass rusher

How would we know when hes always ask to be in coverage.

Share 49ersWebzone