LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

who would you franchise?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Why franchise anybody? Get the F'N deals done.

Duke $40-45 mil $20 guaranteed over 4 years.
Goldson $25-30 mil 8 mil guaranteed over 3
Manny$35-40 mil with $15 guaranteed over 4 years

Alex is the only guy that is a ??? because he is in his final year and it's not certain one way or the other how this plays out. But if he's successful, then we gotta keep him. I would use the tag on him, but that's dependent on whether or not the new CBA has a tag allowance in it. From what I've been hearing, there is a good chance the players are going to get the tag yanked. Too many teams have barred good players from getting a reasonable deal done just by dropping the Franchis tag on them. If they get injured it could affect their livelihood. Yeah they get top 5 money but if I'm a player I would not be happy with that if it could mean I get a career ender and have no protection or guarantee in my favor.

In any case next year is an uncapped year. Get the big money contracts out of the way right now. Don't go insane but give the guys that deserve a lucrative contract their money and do it up front to protect yourself if and when the Cap is reinstated. The players have been their for this team. To a man they have. And now people are whining like it's THEIR money. It's not us paying for it. Oh we may see an increase in ticket prices, but we ain't paying it. I have faith that Parage will negotiate favorable contracts for everyone concerned.

Alex on the other hand is just gonna have to wait til he proves that he's the guy. I think that he will, but you never know. I just don't think that it's as big a deal as it's being made out to be.

~Ceadder

$35M-$40M for Lawson?

IT'S FOKKIN FIFTEEN MIL DAMMIT!

Do you know ANYTHING about NFL contracts? Or do you just knee jerk react to it because it's regarding Manny?

Davis has a statistical anomoly of ONE freakin year and you don't crap your pants over the money I listed for him. But Manny has a solid season and I listed LESS money and it's all about how you can't see that.

NewsF'Nflash, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

I tried to find Brooks's contract numbers but they inexplicably absent. In any case up to last season he hadn't done anything to warrant everyone's lips surgically planted to his ass. He has one good season with 6 sacks and tied the team record for forced fumbles.

Is HE worth 15 million guaranteed? If you think so then so is Manny. I think that we got LaBoy as a a utillity player to spell different players to keep them fresh. Cause our Defense was on the field way too long to start with last season.

But c'mon dude, Most of our core guys are worth $15 million guaranteed. manny is no different.

~Ceadder
I tbhink he's worth $15.1
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by AC49er:
VD gets a contract extension
Goldson gets extension
A. Smith either leaves via FA or gets an extension (depends on performance)
Lawson leaves via FA

this

VD and Goldston will get it done b4 the season starts. Alex will wait until next OS if he gets an extension. Lawson wanting 40M is nuts, he's worth 25 maybe.

I agree too. Although I am not so sure about Dashaun. Drew is just asking for too much $$$$ right now, and I think many is as good a gone. He cannot will not be paid like that with the minimal pass rush he provides.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by AC49er:
VD gets a contract extension
Goldson gets extension
A. Smith either leaves via FA or gets an extension (depends on performance)
Lawson leaves via FA

this

VD and Goldston will get it done b4 the season starts. Alex will wait until next OS if he gets an extension. Lawson wanting 40M is nuts, he's worth 25 maybe.

I agree too. Although I am not so sure about Dashaun. Drew is just asking for too much $$$$ right now, and I think many is as good a gone. He cannot will not be paid like that with the minimal pass rush he provides.

not to mention that pass rusher has become a position like rb where teams rotate players in and out and dropping 40 mil on one pass rusher is dumb if they aint reggie white
Share 49ersWebzone