There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If there's one thing that I cannot stand about the Webzone...

When it's Offense or Defense and they are CLEARLY the worst spot, I get that.

QB has way too many factors to deal with. If everything AROUND that position is performing well, then you see that it IS the QB. But if everything else is failing miserably, it's probably not the QB. At least all by himself.

If the Line can't block a thrown pillow, I can't see how ANYONE can expect the QB to succeed on most plays. The ball is being delivered and it's now the Running Back. If the Running Back typically gets Sub'ed behind the LoS and he's known to be a good Back, people say "Hey, Frank had a pretty decent season because he got his Thousand, but he needs blocking up front". I guess the QB should be happy to just hand the ball off 100x a game. Bad Lines are why teams like Miami installed the Wildcat and took XFactor type players in the draft instead of LINEMEN.

And that's just the Line. Now throw Receivers that drop more passes than they catch, and a revolving door at the OC position and no QB succeeds unless he's a Mike Vick type of player on the field. Mike Vick 1.0, not the current rendition.

And guys like MRob seem to hold no value to the fans with nothing more than passing knowledge of the game. If there are not stats to support keeping a player around they want that player gone.

Battle led the team statistically in catches and yards at one time or another. I've seen him do better than the guys that many fans felt should supplant him on the roster. He's gone now. Here's hoping that Morgan and Hill will step up. I'm glad Battle has moved on, but for a multitude of reasons. One is that fans for this team are freakin brutal. If you aren't a HoF calibur player, you should be gone.

All most fans care about is Wins or Losses. If we aren't winning they want to replace anything that COULD be the problem. Even when it's not logical.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
When it's Offense or Defense and they are CLEARLY the worst spot, I get that.

QB has way too many factors to deal with. If everything AROUND that position is performing well, then you see that it IS the QB. But if everything else is failing miserably, it's probably not the QB. At least all by himself.

If the Line can't block a thrown pillow, I can't see how ANYONE can expect the QB to succeed on most plays. The ball is being delivered and it's now the Running Back. If the Running Back typically gets Sub'ed behind the LoS and he's known to be a good Back, people say "Hey, Frank had a pretty decent season because he got his Thousand, but he needs blocking up front". I guess the QB should be happy to just hand the ball off 100x a game. Bad Lines are why teams like Miami installed the Wildcat and took XFactor type players in the draft instead of LINEMEN.

And that's just the Line. Now throw Receivers that drop more passes than they catch, and a revolving door at the OC position and no QB succeeds unless he's a Mike Vick type of player on the field. Mike Vick 1.0, not the current rendition.

And guys like MRob seem to hold no value to the fans with nothing more than passing knowledge of the game. If there are not stats to support keeping a player around they want that player gone.

Battle led the team statistically in catches and yards at one time or another. I've seen him do better than the guys that many fans felt should supplant him on the roster. He's gone now. Here's hoping that Morgan and Hill will step up. I'm glad Battle has moved on, but for a multitude of reasons. One is that fans for this team are freakin brutal. If you aren't a HoF calibur player, you should be gone.

All most fans care about is Wins or Losses. If we aren't winning they want to replace anything that COULD be the problem. Even when it's not logical.

~Ceadder

This.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by PTulini:
It is that I do not understand how people who call themselves "fans" can root for our team to fail so that a certain player (or players) will hopefully not be part of the team in the future! I WOULD NEVER ROOT FOR MY TEAM TO FAIL! Some fans just make me sick.

Your talking about me aren't you ?

No I'm not trying to single out one person. Its not JUST you.

100% agreed PT.

And fixed.

~Ceadder

word man