LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Vernon Davis: "I wouldn't replace Alex Smith with anybody."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

wtf?

Seriously...WTF?
Can someone please explain this Phil Jennings thing to me? I don't get it.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
In the recent article with Josh Morgan discussing "the whole new Alex" he sees, someone also questioned Davis on the matter:

Quote:
Later in the day, I listened to tight end Vernon Davis and two other panelists discuss the importance of arts education in public schools (yes, more later), in an event at the de Young Museum. The audience got to fire questions after the moderated portion, and at one point, another panelist jumped in to query Davis about his quarterback.

"I love Alex Smith to death," he answered. "There's something about him. I look forward to working with him this season. I wouldn't replace him with nobody. He has it in him. He just has to bring it out. This is the year for Alex Smith."

Is this really a turning point? Are we finally going to see a real break-out this year? Josh Morgan is excited to find out.

Quote:
Morgan noted that Smith's confidence seemed to grow by the week last season, but it really sprouted when the offense finally got together for offseason workouts this spring.

"He took total control over everything," the third-year receiver said. "Like with the offense, we'd go out there and half the time Alex would just run the whole thing, run the whole practice without the coaches even being there. That's what you like to see in your quarterback. You like to see him with that type of fire, take that type of leadership. I mean, he's spitting the plays out, he's explaining everything and it's just like, 'Wow. Thank you.' I'm getting excited about it."

I then asked Morgan about how Ted Ginn might open up the offense for the other weapons. Morgan acknowledged Ginn's speed, but immediately brought the conversation back to Smith and those offseason passing workouts.

"It was like a whole new Alex," Morgan said. "It was like, 'Wow, where did you come from?' I had a couple friends that played with him at Utah, and they said that's how he was at Utah. So it was like, 'Wow, that's what they was talking about.' It's just exciting to see. I'm just hoping he has that same success he had at Utah, and he's gonna really show why he was the No. 1 pick."

http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/05/morgan-on-his-qb-it-was-like-a-whole-new-alex.html

I think Alex is growing. Heck he never had the same Offensive Coordinator and same system 2 years in a row. That makes a difference. I believe this year will be good for him.
Originally posted by m04607:

wtf?

Seriously...WTF?

lolz.. he looks like almost same his face "Vernon"
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

wtf?

Seriously...WTF?

That is Vernon, the real question is why DaDiva is getting sexy pics from him,lol.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

wtf?

Seriously...WTF?

That is Vernon, the real question is why DaDiva is getting sexy pics from him,lol.

That's Dockett
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

wtf?

Seriously...WTF?

That's Dockett

Damn they look a whole lot alike...

wtf?

Seriously...WTF?

That's Dockett

LOL

wtf?

Seriously...WTF?

That's Dockett

VD saying that, it's so obvious it's actually funny. Um let's see Alex with all the negatives he still brings to the team and still holding us back as being the only major weakness on this otherwise stout football team, what's something that Alex is great at? Throwing to VD, haha I mean seriously he throws behind Crabtree for example on MNF, yet MC is so darn talented it's still a TD, yet can consistently throw to VD. Of course those even rookie QB's find their TE, lil' fantasy tip if a decent TE has a rookie QB or a sucky one expect that TE to play well this season. Examples: Zach Miller with Jamarcus, Dustin Keller with Sanchez, and of course Alex with maybe the best TE in all the land.

wtf?

Seriously...WTF?

That's Dockett

Originally posted by waiting4number6:
VD saying that, it's so obvious it's actually funny. Um let's see Alex with all the negatives he still brings to the team and still holding us back as being the only major weakness on this otherwise stout football team, what's something that Alex is great at? Throwing to VD, haha I mean seriously he throws behind Crabtree for example on MNF, yet MC is so darn talented it's still a TD, yet can consistently throw to VD. Of course those even rookie QB's find their TE, lil' fantasy tip if a decent TE has a rookie QB or a sucky one expect that TE to play well this season. Examples: Zach Miller with Jamarcus, Dustin Keller with Sanchez, and of course Alex with maybe the best TE in all the land.

On the other hand, a lot of the issues with Crabtree and our other receivers had to do with making a switch at QB during the season. Just wait until Alex and company get their timing and route running together. This offense should look so much more improved!
I've said it before, and will say it again. Alex has never had anything but a high school OL in front of him, and literally never has had a chance to be the QB we thot he could be. As noted above, it is this yr or never, BUT...alex has same OC as last yr for the first time ever, and he has staley, poti, AD, Sims, Rachal, and hopefully we can find ONE guy to snap the ball (plus block) out of snyder, heitmann, baas, rags, wallace. Not at first, but gradually, and hopefully by game 4 , this OL will finally come together, and we will know if alex is the one or not.

I have stayed neutral on this issue, always reminding the detractors, that PEYton, johnny U, montana, terry Bradshaw, and the like couldn't possibly have done any better under our disgusting OL, HC, and OC circumstances. It took 5 yrs after being drafted for the team to address the OL, but by gosh, they finally did, and my money is on alex to put on a show. If not, then we got hoodwinked. He finally has the tools in front of him and enough good receivers to show us his wares. I have been in favor of the best guy out there being successful and i sure hope it is alex. This time put up or leave. My guess he puts on a show for us. If not, bring on the next guy, whoever it is.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

wtf?

Seriously...WTF?

That's Dockett

• luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Share 49ersWebzone