LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Vernon Davis: "I wouldn't replace Alex Smith with anybody."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Hey, guys, I wish to thank you for taking the time to completely reprint each and every previous discussion, making it virtually impossible to read this thread with any sense of semblance. Couldn't one or both of you just cut out the half a page previous comments and reprint the latest comment of your sparring partner? Reprinting half page or in this case full page comments as many as a dozen times makes for drudgery in reading, and worse, makes many of us just tune out the discussion.

I forgot what the thread is even about.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Who around here are threatening to jump ship as a fan if Alex is our starter? Maybe I'm missing the post but I'm just not seeing that sentiment from even the most ardent "Alex haters."

Nobody that I am aware of. This is a discussion based on wishful thinking.

My wishful thinking that the haters rooting for people to fail, would just stop being fans.

That's what you're missing.

~Ceadder

I agree with Ceadder. Some "fans" really piss me off!

Ditto.

I don't think anyone is hoping for Smith to fail. He has done most of the failing all by himself. Seriously, how is it that some of you can say that Smith is a great QB "waiting to happen" when he has been "not great" up until this point? You can say you "hope" that he will get good but to say that he "is good" but for this or that reason is the very definition of wishful thinking... Now before anyone goes all 10 year old with the not so clever use of happy faces could someone please address the actual question. Because I can honestly say that smith has improved a bit but I can also honestly say that his improvement has hardly inspired any real confidence. Smith would have to jump galaxies just to be considered average from where he was... Some of you are using potential as sustained fact but the very nature of potential is that it can be achieved or it can be not achieved. Here is where we can agree - I want the 9ers to kick ass this year and I want the Smith debate to end one way or the other... See we are all wishin' now......

Dirty
Alex has a lot of positives going into the season

*he will have Crabtree from Day One*

*enters the season with the same offensive system from the previous season*

*has more talent on the offensive line to work with*

*Morgan, Ginn, Walker and Gore will be more effective in the passing game and get a lot of YAC with Davis & Crabtree getting most of the attention by the defense*

Now all Alex needs is Hill and Jones to step it up ...Hill has produced when given a chance and I expect a solid season from him, Jones needs a BIG year to make up for a debut season spoiled by injuries*

Goddamn Pre-Season cant get here soon enough, I wanna see Dixon and Kyle Williams get some snaps, it would be a huge bonus if one of these rookies stepped it up bigtime*
Vernon, stop talking and start running, catching and blocking buddy. There are elite QB's in the league right now that I would drop Alex in a heartbeat for.

Many of the homers here would label me as a hater but I am really a reflection of Alex's play. If Alex actually started to play well I would not rip him as much or at all. If Alex continues to make his WR's adjust to his throws to the extent that they don't have any chance at getting any yards after the catch, Alex will remain in POS status. Have a nice day.

You know it's like Kat Williams say's "always gonna be haters" Alex is gonna put up some numbers and than you guy's are gonna say, well anybody could put up those numbers in this offense. So Alex if you are reading this after this season buddy if they hate let em keep hatin cause it means you are doing something right. I wish you guys would be real fans and just support your team jesus you would think we were the Lions. We have the best season we have had in years ( which is not to say it was great) certainly something to build on and all you do is b
#$ch b#@ch b#$ch. We will see where we are in about two months and than see what you all have to say.
Originally posted by fister30:
Vernon, stop talking and start running, catching and blocking buddy. There are elite QB's in the league right now that I would drop Alex in a heartbeat for.

Many of the homers here would label me as a hater but I am really a reflection of Alex's play. If Alex actually started to play well I would not rip him as much or at all. If Alex continues to make his WR's adjust to his throws to the extent that they don't have any chance at getting any yards after the catch, Alex will remain in POS status. Have a nice day.

i label you a hater
does that mean he is signing an extension?
Originally posted by fister30:

Wait, so a fan criticizes Vernon Davis for sticking up for his quarterback while talking to the media, not when he was supposed to be practicing.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by m04607:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

wtf?

Seriously...WTF?

lolz.. he looks like almost same his face "Vernon"

That is Vernon, the real question is why DaDiva is getting sexy pics from him,lol.

That's Dockett

Damn they look a whole lot alike...

LOL that's not dockett. Dockett is not that ripped in the gut....LOL hell of a cock on him..just stating the obvious

Originally posted by wailers15:

wtf?

Seriously...WTF?

That is Vernon, the real question is why DaDiva is getting sexy pics from him,lol.

That's Dockett

LOL that's not dockett. Dockett is not that ripped in the gut....LOL hell of a cock on him..just stating the obvious

dude that is not VD
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by wailers15:

wtf?

Seriously...WTF?

That's Dockett

dude that is not VD

Oh look...Greg Oden got a hold of a camera again.
Share 49ersWebzone