LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

Surprise Roster Cut???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Mookster:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Some of the responses on this thread are killing me. Give me a second to wipe the blood off the wall where I have repeatedly been banging my head....

OK, I think I am good.

1) Michael Robinson is not going anywhere. He is the special teams captain, and has versatility as running back and fullback. There is a greater chance that Chilo Rachal will be playing WR this season than Robinson being cut.

2) Unless Michael Lewis is not medically sound, there is almost a 0% chance he will be cut. He usually is the second leading tackler on the team, and is a reliable vet...even with the GOAT, Taylor Mays, waiting to cast his own bust for Canton.

3) Adam Snyder isn't going anywhere. There is not one other player on the team as versatile as Snyder, as he can play 4 OL positions. In a competition for a last roster spot, it would be 99.9% Snyder to 0.1% Boone (even though Boone is another GOAT candidate).

4) Cody Wallace is the player in trouble. The writing is on the wall when two other players have been taking snaps at center this week (Wragge and Baas).

5) B. Jones is also in trouble, unless he pulls off a stunning camp. No 4th or 5th WR in our scheme is going to make his salary.

6) McKillop isn't going anywhere. Special teams value and depth are keys to his staying on the team.

The rant is now concluded.

Nice rant ;)

I completely disagree with you on Snyder not going anywhere..... Some call it versatility others would call it trying to find something he's good at. He proved beyond a shadow of a doubt last year he can't play RT and by default he had better NEVER try his hand a LT. As a G he may be OK but will have to beat out Wragge and Baas both who also play centre. Net is he's on a thread with a pair of scissors close at hand.

MRob is an intersting consideration. As it stands all he does is Specials and we're not carrying 5 RBs into the season. Had we drafted a FB instead of another RB I would have felt better about him staying but as it stands I think Coffee will be the #3 RB Norris stays as the only true FB on the roster and MRob is odd man out. And no MRob can not play full back. Please.

Totally agree on Wallace and Jones being on the bubble. I was surprised the Niners didn't trade him for Ginn instead of the 4th rounder.

As for MLewis..... too much of a liability on passing downs AND I think he's got a hefty cap number this year. He's going to have to show something special not to be a June 1st cut and I personally don't think he's got it in him.

Finally.... I still think Nate Clements is also on thin ice. He lost his starting job last year adn with his cap number being what it is...... I also don't think it would be much of a loss if he's not here. He isn't (and maybe never was) a shut down corner (Just ask Roddy "200+" White) and with his cap number it could be the end.

Wow! If we dump Clements AND Lewis we'll deserve the horrible fate we'll receive with an inexperienced defensive backfield with zero depth.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Mookster:
Some of the responses on this thread are killing me. Give me a second to wipe the blood off the wall where I have repeatedly been banging my head....

OK, I think I am good.

1) Michael Robinson is not going anywhere. He is the special teams captain, and has versatility as running back and fullback. There is a greater chance that Chilo Rachal will be playing WR this season than Robinson being cut.

2) Unless Michael Lewis is not medically sound, there is almost a 0% chance he will be cut. He usually is the second leading tackler on the team, and is a reliable vet...even with the GOAT, Taylor Mays, waiting to cast his own bust for Canton.

3) Adam Snyder isn't going anywhere. There is not one other player on the team as versatile as Snyder, as he can play 4 OL positions. In a competition for a last roster spot, it would be 99.9% Snyder to 0.1% Boone (even though Boone is another GOAT candidate).

4) Cody Wallace is the player in trouble. The writing is on the wall when two other players have been taking snaps at center this week (Wragge and Baas).

5) B. Jones is also in trouble, unless he pulls off a stunning camp. No 4th or 5th WR in our scheme is going to make his salary.

6) McKillop isn't going anywhere. Special teams value and depth are keys to his staying on the team.

Nice rant ;)

I completely disagree with you on Snyder not going anywhere..... Some call it versatility others would call it trying to find something he's good at. He proved beyond a shadow of a doubt last year he can't play RT and by default he had better NEVER try his hand a LT. As a G he may be OK but will have to beat out Wragge and Baas both who also play centre. Net is he's on a thread with a pair of scissors close at hand.

MRob is an intersting consideration. As it stands all he does is Specials and we're not carrying 5 RBs into the season. Had we drafted a FB instead of another RB I would have felt better about him staying but as it stands I think Coffee will be the #3 RB Norris stays as the only true FB on the roster and MRob is odd man out. And no MRob can not play full back. Please.

Totally agree on Wallace and Jones being on the bubble. I was surprised the Niners didn't trade him for Ginn instead of the 4th rounder.

As for MLewis..... too much of a liability on passing downs AND I think he's got a hefty cap number this year. He's going to have to show something special not to be a June 1st cut and I personally don't think he's got it in him.

Finally.... I still think Nate Clements is also on thin ice. He lost his starting job last year adn with his cap number being what it is...... I also don't think it would be much of a loss if he's not here. He isn't (and maybe never was) a shut down corner (Just ask Roddy "200+" White) and with his cap number it could be the end.

Wow! If we dump Clements AND Lewis we'll deserve the horrible fate we'll receive with an inexperienced defensive backfield with zero depth.

we got along without clements last year don't think that'll be much of an issue. he just not worth 6 mil based on his play last year. lewis could be the surprise cut. he started the concussion thing last year and his salary is a nice chunk too. we do have other safeties that have been here for a few years now, so i'm sure they know our defense by now. lewis played mostly in the box his skill set is not exactly irreplaceable we're not talking ed reed or troy p.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran

OK, I think I am good.

2. Not really here or there but I can't wait to see Mays on the field after all the questions it should be interesting.

4. I kinda agree on Wallace but I don't think Baas or Wraggs can learn the position fast enough to take the job. I see it as a gamble hoping Heitmann stays healthy if they cut Wallace.

5. I've read that a lot of B Jones money is guaranteed so if we don't save anything by cutting him then we'll keep him.
Crabs..Morgan..Ginn...B Jones..Hill..K Williams. Something like that.
Share 49ersWebzone