There are 203 users in the forums

Surprise Roster Cut???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by prometheus:
I believe Ted Ginn might be cut as I think both Vann and Kyle Williams are better values in terms of performance and grabbing balls is a lot dependent on concentration and effort and if one has no mind to train, well bye bye. I think Williams has some skills as a quick slot reciever and probably better running skills. Ginn's only value is sheer speed alone. I love what I saw of Vann and wanna see more during preseason but I think we will keep more then one returner and Ginn just for speed is nonsense as I think Jason Hill, Morgan and Crabtree have enough speed to get deep. Who needs a reciever to run 60 yards and drop the ball? Besides which only Nate could get the ball there.

No Way do they cut a former first round WR/KR project before the season starts. Next year possible, this year no way!
Originally posted by TFSP:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Some of the responses on this thread are killing me. Give me a second to wipe the blood off the wall where I have repeatedly been banging my head....

OK, I think I am good.

1) Michael Robinson is not going anywhere. He is the special teams captain, and has versatility as running back and fullback. There is a greater chance that Chilo Rachal will be playing WR this season than Robinson being cut.

The rant is now concluded.

That's why he would be a surprise cut...

But for real, state why Coffee is better than M.Rob?

Why? When did I make that statement.

If you want to find out why Coffee is better, do your own damn research...
Originally posted by prometheus:
I believe Ted Ginn might be cut as I think both Vann and Kyle Williams are better values in terms of performance and grabbing balls is a lot dependent on concentration and effort and if one has no mind to train, well bye bye. I think Williams has some skills as a quick slot reciever and probably better running skills. Ginn's only value is sheer speed alone. I love what I saw of Vann and wanna see more during preseason but I think we will keep more then one returner and Ginn just for speed is nonsense as I think Jason Hill, Morgan and Crabtree have enough speed to get deep. Who needs a reciever to run 60 yards and drop the ball? Besides which only Nate could get the ball there.

• TFSP
Some of the responses on this thread are killing me. Give me a second to wipe the blood off the wall where I have repeatedly been banging my head....

OK, I think I am good.

1) Michael Robinson is not going anywhere. He is the special teams captain, and has versatility as running back and fullback. There is a greater chance that Chilo Rachal will be playing WR this season than Robinson being cut.

• TFSP

OK, I think I am good.

I don't need to do the research. I already know....but kiss monkey ass for your attitude towards me. I wasn't trying be a*****e sounding towards you like you sounding towards me.

OK, I think I am good.

I don't need to do the research. I already know....but kiss monkey ass for your attitude towards me. I wasn't trying be a*****e sounding towards you like you sounding towards me.

Kiss monkey ass? What is that some kind of racial slur?

I'm sick of posters on here that think it's ok to demand another poster backup something they never said in the first place.

Stop being lazy and look it up if you don't know...

3) Adam Snyder isn't going anywhere. There is not one other player on the team as versatile as Snyder, as he can play 4 OL positions. In a competition for a last roster spot, it would be 99.9% Snyder to 0.1% Boone (even though Boone is another GOAT candidate).

Wouldn't you say Robinson is more versatile than Snyder? After all, he can play at least five positions.

I realize we're making predictions before any real play has happened this year, but looking ahead, if Boone shows he's a better tackle than Snyder, you think the Niners would let Boone go?

I do find it interesting that during these OTAs the Niners have tried Boone out at LT in addition to RT. I can't see them letting Sims go, so they must be trying to gauge Boone's versatility. OTAs don't mean a whole lot, but if Boone is often at LT in TC and in preseason games -- and does well -- I've got to think someone's job is in jeopardy (of course, it could be a couple of interior linemen like Wallace and Wragge).

BTW, I don't think Boone is GOAT by any means, but I do recall clearly how wretchedly Snyder played at the tackle spot last year. I'm not sure he will outplay ANY of the other tackles in preseason.
[ Edited by 49erThrowback on May 19, 2010 at 8:19 PM ]
  • TFSP

OK, I think I am good.

I'm sick of posters on here that think it's ok to demand another poster backup something they never said in the first place.

You said M.Rob should be cut, right? Well with A.Dixon, he has more promise than Coffee. He's natural weight is around 235, Coffee gained up to 220 thus far. Out of those 2 Dixon has more promise than Coffee. From what I seen from Coffee in his 'Rookie' year, I'm not that impressed, besides one attribute, he didn't fumble. But what does that mean. s**t AP almost fumbles once a game it seems at times....

I don't see Coffee giving us a 'change of pace' like Dixon could. I'll take M.Rob over Coffee anytime because he has way more football i.Q, which means you can ask him to do more.

AND you did say M.Rob should be a surprise cut because of only SP team value...scroll up...

[ Edited by TFSP on May 19, 2010 at 11:29 PM ]
Originally posted by modninerfan:
surprised nobody has said Nate Clements... I think he's a good corner though

are you freaken kidding me? yea, let's cut our arguably best DB on the team

OK, I think I am good.

You said M.Rob should be cut, right? Well with A.Dixon, he has more promise than Coffee. He's natural weight is around 235, Coffee gained up to 220 thus far. Out of those 2 Dixon has more promise than Coffee. From what I seen from Coffee in his 'Rookie' year, I'm not that impressed, besides one attribute, he didn't fumble. But what does that mean. s**t AP almost fumbles once a game it seems at times....

I don't see Coffee giving us a 'change of pace' like Dixon could. I'll take M.Rob over Coffee anytime because he has way more football i.Q, which means you can ask him to do more.

AND you did say M.Rob should be a surprise cut because of only SP team value...scroll up...

Ok, I see your problem now. It's a reading comprehension issue... I never said "Should". I said I think he will be our surprise cut (meaning unexpected)... There is a huge difference between the two

• TFSP

OK, I think I am good.

Ok, I see your problem now. It's a reading comprehension issue... I never said "Should". I said I think he will be our surprise cut (meaning unexpected)... There is a huge difference between the two

Dude, just end it....and have a coke and smile, and STFU!

OK, I think I am good.

Dude, just end it....and have a coke and smile, and STFU!

HUH? You talk out your ass, make up s**t, and then you tell me to have a coke and STFU.

You need help kid...

OK, I think I am good.

What support do you have that Dixon is better than Coffee?

OK, I think I am good.

2) Unless Michael Lewis is not medically sound, there is almost a 0% chance he will be cut. He usually is the second leading tackler on the team, and is a reliable vet...even with the GOAT, Taylor Mays, waiting to cast his own bust for Canton.

3) Adam Snyder isn't going anywhere. There is not one other player on the team as versatile as Snyder, as he can play 4 OL positions. In a competition for a last roster spot, it would be 99.9% Snyder to 0.1% Boone (even though Boone is another GOAT candidate).

4) Cody Wallace is the player in trouble. The writing is on the wall when two other players have been taking snaps at center this week (Wragge and Baas).

5) B. Jones is also in trouble, unless he pulls off a stunning camp. No 4th or 5th WR in our scheme is going to make his salary.

6) McKillop isn't going anywhere. Special teams value and depth are keys to his staying on the team.

Nice rant ;)

I completely disagree with you on Snyder not going anywhere..... Some call it versatility others would call it trying to find something he's good at. He proved beyond a shadow of a doubt last year he can't play RT and by default he had better NEVER try his hand a LT. As a G he may be OK but will have to beat out Wragge and Baas both who also play centre. Net is he's on a thread with a pair of scissors close at hand.

MRob is an intersting consideration. As it stands all he does is Specials and we're not carrying 5 RBs into the season. Had we drafted a FB instead of another RB I would have felt better about him staying but as it stands I think Coffee will be the #3 RB Norris stays as the only true FB on the roster and MRob is odd man out. And no MRob can not play full back. Please.

Totally agree on Wallace and Jones being on the bubble. I was surprised the Niners didn't trade him for Ginn instead of the 4th rounder.

As for MLewis..... too much of a liability on passing downs AND I think he's got a hefty cap number this year. He's going to have to show something special not to be a June 1st cut and I personally don't think he's got it in him.

Finally.... I still think Nate Clements is also on thin ice. He lost his starting job last year adn with his cap number being what it is...... I also don't think it would be much of a loss if he's not here. He isn't (and maybe never was) a shut down corner (Just ask Roddy "200+" White) and with his cap number it could be the end.
  • TFSP
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

OK, I think I am good.

What support do you have that Dixon is better than Coffee?

From what I seen, in Jimmy Ray-ray's offense, if all he's going to be is a north-south runner, and had to gain weight to compliment that running style, I'd rather have a back that's naturally bigger being the 'north-south runner'. From the tape, at least Dixon doesn't get brought down by one tackler, as much as Coffee does.
Share 49ersWebzone