There are 296 users in the forums

Surprise Roster Cut???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by YorkHater:
Originally posted by natrone06:
Michael Lewis is my sleeper.

agreed

i agreed with u.. i dislike Lewis!
LeRoy Vann, he's going to be the Kory Sheets of training camp this year.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Scott Mckillop

Yah I think McKillop too. He had to be hurting when they selected Bowman. My guesses are:

Brandon Jones - With Ted Ginn and Kyle Williams having much value in the return game, their roster spots are safe. Unless Jones can some how pull off a miracle and beat Josh Morgan, hes done here.

Michael Robinson - If Anthony Dixon can live up to his highlight reel, and be a change of pace RB for Gore, I don't see him sticking around.

Cody Wallace - With David Baas getting some reps at Center, and with the new addition of Mike Iupati and Davis, he could get caught in a numbers game. I was gonna say Tony Wragge, but I think Wragge is much better at both Guard and Center than Wallace.

No way Wallace is going anywhere. With us not drafting another interior lineman or Center later in he draft I think shows that has a spot on the team.
Most everyone mentioned here wouldn't be a surprise cut. Lawson would though, and so would Baas (and of course some lampshade over the head guy mentioned Willis). Barring injuries, Hill and Jones are on the bubble and it'll come down to who plays best in TC and preseason (on ST as well as offense), not who makes the most $$$, that determines who stays. But neither would be a surprise. Coffee's not going anywhere, except by trade (which is very unlikely: he's Gore's twin in reserve for when Gore misses a few games). When Blount was briefly on the map I thought it made Robinson's job very shaky, but now less so with Blount in Tennessee. The biggest threat to Robinson now is Navorro Bowman, who might show some ST skills and leadership that are the only reasons Robinson is still around.
  • Pintor73
  • Info N/A
m. rob c.wallace b.jones m.lewis d.evans m.rob by dixon and bowman wallace by bass and jones by kyle williams and lewis by reggie smith and mays and taylor evans by kaliff mithcell all 5will be replaced by the start of the season free up some money
  • Pintor73
  • Info N/A
bowman and mckillop will back up willis and spikes and be special team standouts no way we are getting rid of a second yr player
Jones or hill
Originally posted by Pintor73:
m. rob c.wallace b.jones m.lewis d.evans m.rob by dixon and bowman wallace by bass and jones by kyle williams and lewis by reggie smith and mays and taylor evans by kaliff mithcell all 5will be replaced by the start of the season free up some money

This took me a couple re-reads to understand.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Originally posted by Chico:
M-Rob
Morran Norris
Manny Lawson -???
Dre Bly
Adam Snyder
Brandon Jones

Agreed, but No on the Lawson

with the emergence of Parys Haralson and Ahmaad Brooks, i think Manny is expendable. Parys and Ahmaad have had big games when it counts... i can only remember Manny making a few big plays since we drafted him and that was his rookie year when he chased that receiver down and showed off his speed. But, he just hasn't made any big plays and seems like he lacks the power. Maybe it's just me but Brooks and Haralson made plays when it counted and i haven't seen that from Manny yet.
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
M-Rob
Morran Norris
Manny Lawson -???
Dre Bly
Adam Snyder
Brandon Jones

Agreed, but No on the Lawson

with the emergence of Parys Haralson and Ahmaad Brooks, i think Manny is expendable. Parys and Ahmaad have had big games when it counts... i can only remember Manny making a few big plays since we drafted him and that was his rookie year when he chased that receiver down and showed off his speed. But, he just hasn't made any big plays and seems like he lacks the power. Maybe it's just me but Brooks and Haralson made plays when it counted and i haven't seen that from Manny yet.

They'd at least trade Manny. To cut someone with that upside and potential without anything in return is absolutely retarded. Parys Haralson emergence? I wasn't impressed with his play at all last season. Manny stood out compared to him. I'd say Haralson gets cut before Lawson.

Originally posted by LA_NINERS:
Brandon Jones
Michael Robinson
Glen Coffee
Jason Hill

Ooooh, good list. Add Michael Lewis and the surprise list is about covered. Although I'm not sure I would consider Jones that much of a surprise, if any of these other guys get cut I will be surprise but they are all possibilities. The guy better have one hell of a camp. Cody Wallace is most likely gone.
I would have to say Reggie Smith and/or Curtis Taylor. I know we are thin in the secondary, but has anyone even seen these dudes in uniform? It may be time to lable these guys as busts.
Originally posted by montana4ever:
I would have to say Reggie Smith and/or Curtis Taylor. I know we are thin in the secondary, but has anyone even seen these dudes in uniform? It may be time to lable these guys as busts.

Maybe Reggie Smith but Curtis Taylor was a rookie seventh rounder last season . . .
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Excuse Smith
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
LeRoy Vann, he's going to be the Kory Sheets of training camp this year.

this one could happen..it wouldn't surprise me
Share 49ersWebzone