There are 195 users in the forums

Surprise Roster Cut???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Biggest surprise would be Manny!

I really think Snyder, MRob, Jones are goners for sure.

I was gonna say Snyder too, but I've been convinced hes just too valuable of a back up to let go. But if Alex Boone steps up, Snyder could be a goner, and its gonna be a tough decision if he does step up.
I think they would trade Manny before they cut him and I don't feel he'llbe cut.

I think, and hated the pick, that Cody Wallace is burnt toast but not really a surprise.

I can't see anyone on the DLine getting cut. I would be very surprised if Clements got cut - don't think it will happen but they may ask him to take less $ and he may refuse.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by natrone06:
Michael Lewis is my sleeper.

+1

No way

That dude is one of the better players on the defense.
I dont get the Manny talk. The 49ers like Manny Lawson they just dont want to give him a huge contract. The were looking for a 2nd round pick in return for trading him. Hes not making any money and it would make 0 sense in cutting him now instead of letting him play out the rest of the season and letting him walk after.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by natrone06:
Michael Lewis is my sleeper.

+1

No way

That dude is one of the better players on the defense.

I think it depends on how Taylor Mays looks. Michael Lewis is making way to much to be a back up. With his concussion history I could see the niners go with the young guy.
Patrick Willis
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Scott Mckillop

Yah I think McKillop too. He had to be hurting when they selected Bowman. My guesses are:

Brandon Jones - With Ted Ginn and Kyle Williams having much value in the return game, their roster spots are safe. Unless Jones can some how pull off a miracle and beat Josh Morgan, hes done here.

Michael Robinson - If Anthony Dixon can live up to his highlight reel, and be a change of pace RB for Gore, I don't see him sticking around.

Cody Wallace - With David Baas getting some reps at Center, and with the new addition of Mike Iupati and Davis, he could get caught in a numbers game. I was gonna say Tony Wragge, but I think Wragge is much better at both Guard and Center than Wallace.

I agree with everything you said here, except for MROB i think Sing finds a way for him to be on the roster, right or wrong i think MROB makes the final roster
  • mod
  • Veteran
surprised nobody has said Nate Clements... I think he's a good corner though
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by modninerfan:
surprised nobody has said Nate Clements... I think he's a good corner though

If the niners had take Joe Haden they may have gut Clements. But right now they have to keep him because we have nobody better.
Scott Mckillop

Yah I think McKillop too. He had to be hurting when they selected Bowman. My guesses are:

Brandon Jones - With Ted Ginn and Kyle Williams having much value in the return game, their roster spots are safe. Unless Jones can some how pull off a miracle and beat Josh Morgan, hes done here.

Michael Robinson - If Anthony Dixon can live up to his highlight reel, and be a change of pace RB for Gore, I don't see him sticking around.

Cody Wallace - With David Baas getting some reps at Center, and with the new addition of Mike Iupati and Davis, he could get caught in a numbers game. I was gonna say Tony Wragge, but I think Wragge is much better at both Guard and Center than Wallace.

I agree with everything you said here, except for MROB i think Sing finds a way for him to be on the roster, right or wrong i think MROB makes the final roster

I mean who else is gonna do the Robinson Report on 49ers.com? lol

the foreskin
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
Brandon Jones for sure. He makes way to much money.
Originally posted by de_cleater_52:
I'm guessing...
-MRob
-Mckillop
-Jones..

good guesses mine are:

McKillop
HIll or Jones
Evans
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Biggest surprise would be Manny!

I really think Snyder, MRob, Jones are goners for sure.

I was gonna say Snyder too, but I've been convinced hes just too valuable of a back up to let go. But if Alex Boone steps up, Snyder could be a goner, and its gonna be a tough decision if he does step up.

Thats exactly my reasoning for him being gone, plus he's had so many chances. Boone looks committed as hell, but lets see how that translate in TC. They will go with youth if its right.
[ Edited by 9erluv415 on May 14, 2010 at 10:47 AM ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
axle smith

Does his cousin work for the Detroit Police Department?
Share 49ersWebzone