LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 299 users in the forums

Mini Camp Thread - (June 17-18)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If I'm interpreting the preliminary reports accurately, neither Smith nor Iupati have distinguished themselves to any great degree thus far. Yeah, I know all the arguments about this is non-contact, no pads, just OTA's, etc, etc. But I also have read reports of other players who have shown, from the start, that they're something special. The coaches see it, their fellow players recognize it; the writers do too. That hasn't happened with these 2 behemoths; at least not yet. Let's hope that they do so when camp starts, and beyond.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
If I'm interpreting the preliminary reports accurately, neither Smith nor Iupati have distinguished themselves to any great degree thus far. Yeah, I know all the arguments about this is non-contact, no pads, just OTA's, etc, etc. But I also have read reports of other players who have shown, from the start, that they're something special. The coaches see it, their fellow players recognize it; the writers do too. That hasn't happened with these 2 behemoths; at least not yet. Let's hope that they do so when camp starts, and beyond.

Smith who?
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

Smith who?

Davis and Iupati will be opening day starters. They are trying to absorb an NFL playbook, condition, and work on fundamentals. And from what some of the players, coaches, and writers have said, they are big, fast, and powerful. They will struggle a little this year as they are both rookies, but I have to admit you are overreacting.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

Smith who?

Keith Smith
If I'm interpreting the preliminary reports accurately, neither A. Davis nor Iupati have distinguished themselves to any great degree thus far. Yeah, I know all the arguments about this is non-contact, no pads, just OTAs, etc, etc. But I also have read reports of other players who have shown, from the start, that they're something special. The coaches see it, their fellow players recognize it; the writers do too. That hasn't happened with these 2 behemoths; at least not yet. Let's hope that they do so when camp starts, and beyond.

You recognize the non-contact equation, but for these two guys, don't you agree contact is about 90% of their jobs? They at least have had work with the 1st team. That's farther than Taylor Mays at this point. In their first season, they are likely going to problematic at times (e.g., giving up sacks) but the trade-off (e.g., run blocking) should be worth it. They have a month before training camp to study the playbook, two weeks of training camp and four exhibition games before the season.
New Robinson Report featuring Anthony Dixon, Taylor Mays, and Kyle Williams... Check it out!

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Robinson-Report-2010-Minicamp/f0ae084b-3caf-4cfe-b621-720b003ba54b

I think you where thinking Andre Smith from the Bengals last year. Our guy is Anthony Davis and for that mistake alone you are disqualfied from having an opinion.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

I think you where thinking Andre Smith from the Bengals last year. Our guy is Anthony Davis and for that mistake alone you are disqualfied from having an opinion.

LOL! It was a Freudian slip! I indeed was thinking of Andre Smith when commenting on Davis, and hoping he wasn't another Andre, so I melded the two as Anthony Smith! I am egg-faced and deserve ridicule and scorn! BUT, I stand by my comments.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

LOL! It was a Freudian slip! I indeed was thinking of Andre Smith when commenting on Davis, and hoping he wasn't another Andre, so I melded the two as Anthony Smith! I am egg-faced and deserve ridicule and scorn! BUT, I stand by my comments.

I'm glad you have a good sense of humor and my sarcasum came across...
San Francisco 49ers Mini Camp Photos- NFL.com

Share 49ersWebzone