LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 125 users in the forums

Mini Camp Thread - (June 17-18)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Hearing good things bout Alex Smith & Nate Davis......
Matt Maiocco MaioccoCSN: David Bass is taking snaps at center with reserve unit. He just had a shotgun snap way off target.
Favre has been doing this for almost an entire generation, to put it mildly. The difference between Favre and a younger QB is that Favre throw to a general area and the receivers adjust. A younger QB has to throw to a receiver.

Thank god that we have OTAs and TC. It gives all players a chance to practice what they do, and that includes the wayward snap for Baas. I don't think he's practiced as a center since College.

What I like that I am hearing is AS taking more command over the practices. As for errant throws and the like, that can be fixed with repetition.

The key for this team to me is that results will be based on the performance of AS and the offense. If they falter, we're in for a long year. If they play well and consistent, we have a lot of upside.

Ted Ginn is no Chris Carter though, which proves that speed alone is not a good weapon.
Originally posted by Nes49:

hope they can keep it up, would love for them to be 1/2 on the depth chart by the start of the pre season. Would be nice to see what Davis can do against 2nd teams, last preseason he played well against the practice squad players.
MM swings on Smith's balls all the time. Nothing to see here, move along.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

The ball swinging comments are very immature and disgusting, but what we do know is this: Maiocco is a very smart and unbiased beatwriter for SF. Those 2 adjectives are a rare find here and around the net, and should not be dismissed just because one may happen to disagree with his conclusions.
Originally posted by kunged:
Originally posted by Nes49:

hope they can keep it up, would love for them to be 1/2 on the depth chart by the start of the pre season. Would be nice to see what Davis can do against 2nd teams, last preseason he played well against the practice squad players.

At this pace David "salvage" Carr is gonna be chillin with the 3rd stringers i havent heard anything from that guy.

DAVIS BABY!!!

Originally posted by oldman9er:

The ball swinging comments are very immature and disgusting, but what we do know is this: Maiocco is a very smart and unbiased beatwriter for SF. Those 2 adjectives are a rare find here and around the net, and should not be dismissed just because one may happen to disagree with his conclusions.

+1

The comments are somewhat ignorant as well. Just read MM's most recent article, which is a fair and critical assessment of Smith's year to date, and ends with an unbiased eye to Smith's future and what he has yet to prove.

Someone calling MM out for such an article forgets that the rest of us can read and comprehend what MM actually wrote.

In Syber's defense, he is usually much better, much more intelligent and reasonable, than this post would indicate. IMHO.
[ Edited by oldninerdude on May 18, 2010 at 12:51 PM ]
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

+1

The comments are somewhat ignorant as well. Just read MM's most recent article, which is a fair and critical assessment of Smith's year to date, and ends with an unbiased eye to Smith's future and what he has yet to prove.

Someone calling MM out for such an article forgets that the rest of us can read and comprehend what MM actually wrote.

I love you, man!
Originally posted by NCommand:

+1

I love you, man!

lol. Uh, thanks, I think.

And before you ask: no, I won't lend you any money.

Originally posted by NCommand:

+1

I love you, man!

lol. Uh, thanks, I think.

And before you ask: no, I won't lend you any money.

Nevermind then
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Okay - I know this should go somewhere else, but it's so important to OTAs - especially given the reference by Barrows - Shawn Springs anyone?

Could we have the Shawn Springs of like 7 years ago?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Good to hear that Baas is taking snaps at center. This is where I think he'll eventually end up, replacing Hietman.

"Alex Boone got some repetitions at left tackle."--M. Maiocco

This pleases me! Way to go!

I really wish Spencer and Clements were there, but at least its good to hear them working out on their own than holding out for more money. They know the playbook too so it won't hurt them.
Share 49ersWebzone