LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

Mini Camp Thread - (June 17-18)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Time to get Ted Ginn some stick'em. and Cody Wallace might be on the chopping block.

Cody Wallace may not even survive the first wave of cuts let alone make the roster. He is just about finished in San Fran. Ginn....Ahhh, all these drops worry me and more so him having some issues fielding punts.

Don't worry, LeRoy Vann will be fielding the punts and kickoffs.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Nice seeing all the guys out there. Well most of the guys, Lawson better get back there soon.
Originally posted by TJA85:
Time to get Ted Ginn some stick'em. and Cody Wallace might be on the chopping block.

Cody Wallace may not even survive the first wave of cuts let alone make the roster. He is just about finished in San Fran. Ginn....Ahhh, all these drops worry me and more so him having some issues fielding punts.

I read he has had troubles fielding punts as well. He is far from a lock to make the team. I would bet on Kyle Williams making the team as a PR over Vann, IMO
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Notic that it's almost all DEFENSIVE players, who are missing from this voluntary OTA session? Can you blame them?

I mean no pads, no tackling, no contesting WR for the ball, no defensive coaching changes. This OTA is all about tuning-up the offensive passing game. Period. There is nothing to be gained for a veteran defensive player to be there, except possibly to show solidarity. One look back at Walt Harris' injury in OTA's last year, and any veteran defensive player, will downgrade the importance of May solidarity (versus the chance of a major injury) in a heartbeat. Labor Day is the time for solidarity.

So, 5 veteran defensive starters (Willis, Lawson, Franklin, Clements, Spencer) being missing is no big deal, as I see it. When the pads come on at TC, the big boys will all be there, and the offensive guys will notice the difference, big-time.

Good post

Yea they picked Wallace pretty high considering the guy doesn't even appear to be a back up at least. what worries me is that the team was talking as if Ginn was gonna be more of a WR then a return man. Maybe they were trying to get his confidence together. But either way it's OTA's I'm not gonna be down on the guy just yet. there was a thread this time last year where guys were killing Brooks b/c he finished in the last pack of players during some running drills. Also we have to remember that they traded for a guy that can't catch so when he continues to not catch all you can say is you get what you pay for. Hopefully it's confidence issue more than the fact that he just can't catch b/c i don't remember him dropping a lot balls in college. I hope he gets it together b/c he won't stretch the field and if he can't prove he can make plays .
bump
Originally posted by TJA85:

I read he has had troubles fielding punts as well. He is far from a lock to make the team. I would bet on Kyle Williams making the team as a PR over Vann, IMO

Yep, it was reported yesterday that Kyle Williams looked the best out there at PR.
Never seen this: Alex Smith is standing at line of scrimmage in walk through instructing his 49ers offensive teammates.

Today, it looks as they're working on shotgun. Alex Smith is doing a lot of teaching today. Never saw him do this in previous offseasons.
MaioccoCSN Never seen this: Alex Smith is standing at line of scrimmage in walk through instructing his 49ers offensive teammates.

mattbarrows Alex Smith essentially directing the offense this morning -- much more vocal, demonstrative than I've ever seen him.

MaioccoCSN Today, it looks as they're working on shotgun. Alex Smith is doing a lot of teaching today. Never saw him do this in previous offseasons.
Originally posted by valrod33:
MaioccoCSN Never seen this: Alex Smith is standing at line of scrimmage in walk through instructing his 49ers offensive teammates.

mattbarrows Alex Smith essentially directing the offense this morning -- much more vocal, demonstrative than I've ever seen him.

MaioccoCSN Today, it looks as they're working on shotgun. Alex Smith is doing a lot of teaching today. Never saw him do this in previous offseasons.

Where's the news from Phil Barber?

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

i dont follow that punk b***h
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

i dont follow that punk b***h

Originally posted by pdxredandgold:
Never seen this: Alex Smith is standing at line of scrimmage in walk through instructing his 49ers offensive teammates.

Today, it looks as they're working on shotgun. Alex Smith is doing a lot of teaching today. Never saw him do this in previous offseasons.

MAIOCCO?! I had no idea you posted on the 'zone.

MaioccoCSN

mattbarrows

Alex Smith essentially directing the offense this morning -- much more vocal, demonstrative than I've ever seen him.

Skinny_Post

In offense-only drill, alex smith stops action to make sure fake defenders know roles, blockers understand assignments
mattbarrows Keith Smith just pulled a David Tyree -- he intercepted an Alex Smith pass by squeezing the ball against his helmet.

MaioccoCSN CB Keith Smith with pick of deep Smith pass for Crabtree. #49ers
Share 49ersWebzone