There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mini Camp Thread - (June 17-18)

Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
N u know I gotta salute my general @mysonne1 ... Him n them BX goon sqaud niggas had NY on smash last nite for his BDAY... We onnnnn !!!

I live in Oakland, home of the movement to make ebonics a recognized dialect in classrooms and I'm still like WTF.........LOL

At first, I thought it was BuzzB28...but yeah, that's a tough one to comprehend.

Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
N u know I gotta salute my general @mysonne1 ... Him n them BX goon sqaud niggas had NY on smash last nite for his BDAY... We onnnnn !!!

I live in Oakland, home of the movement to make ebonics a recognized dialect in classrooms and I'm still like WTF.........LOL

At first, I thought it was BuzzB28...but yeah, that's a tough one to comprehend.

I already explained it... I was just copying tweets as they came in, I accidentally copied a tweet from The Game.

I would consider my own grammar to be quite adequate and comprehensible.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by Slash49:
Quote:
Bowman middle blitz, in backfld to tap gore

tweet from Phil Barber

I'm excited about this Bowman kid. Very intriguing prospect. Could be diamond in the rough, a real bad ass.

How is he a diamond in the rough? If it weren't for off the field issues he would probably would have been a late 1st early 2nd. Everyone knew he had talent, they just questioned his issues. The 3rd round, where he was drafted, is hardly the "rough."

A "diamond in the rough" would be someone whose skills and talents are questionable and not projected to be that great on the next level (e.g., Tom Brady), so they are drafted late or not drafted at all.

Another definition of diamond in the rough would be somebody whose skills and talents at blitzing/rushing the QB/pass rush are not projected to be the great at the next level. In other words, although the word is (and was pre-draft ) that Bowman's skill set was expected to translate best at the next level into playing inside, sideline to sideline and in coverage and generally not getting up the field he could turn out to be a diamond in the rough playing outside, blitzing, getting up the field and getting after the QB.

This is why he is an intriguing prospect...I think he has the **potential** to supplant Lawson and be the pass rusher we have been looking for, which is (like Mckillop) something I don't think a whole lot of people would have expected from him coming out of college.
Hmm Cody Wallace, 3rd string center huh?

Well that's the death knell. Wragge is a bigger bruiser of a player and IMHO would be a better center.
Originally posted by NinerGM:

Well that's the death knell. Wragge is a bigger bruiser of a player and IMHO would be a better center.

does Wragge know what blocking schemes to call for situations?
Originally posted by ninerdaddy:

Obviously he knows somethin cause he's 2nd team. Wallace was in trouble and a project player with no starting experience. Now he's competing with Wragge - a proven NFL back-up.
Originally posted by ninerdaddy:

The writing is on the wall for Wallace. Wragge can do your job and his own. Especially with 2 rooks waiting to unseat snyder and bass, there won't be room for him on this team...

... ring... ring... ring.. the denver broncos are calling!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
QB gauge of the day: Smith is throwing with 'too-much' zip under 10-yard situations, Carr has no zip (period), and Nate Davis is capitalizing upon first-team reps.

I really think (as Maiocco had mentioned months back) management is pushing Nate Davis to win the #2 spot this season, no way in hell Carr remains #2 if Nate Davis has another productive preseason showing.

Dude we should've just straight kept Shaun Hill then....WTF!!!!
Quote:

• The silver lining to Manny Lawson's absence? It's giving Ahmad Brooks more time to learn how to play linebacker. Brooks was used mainly as a pass rusher last year. This spring, he's playing in first-, second- and third-down situations, which means he's having to do a lot more coverage. He and Parys Haralson were the OLB starters; Travis LaBoy and Diyral Briggs were the backups. It will be very interesting to see whether Lawson or Brooks runs with the first-team defense when Lawson returns.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/05/ota-observation-4.html#ixzz0oETfY3it
Originally posted by Matt Barrows:

At least two times a week, Smith takes a few of receivers out on the field to throw the ball around. The sessions are designed to build a rapport among Smith and his wideouts. After all, Ginn is a newcomer and Crabtree only arrived at the midpoint last season. Smith said he tends to work on the patterns that he feels are his weaknesses.

Read more: http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/05/ota-observation-4.html#ixzz0oEbhqNgw

moar pleez
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by PTulini:
This is the question which really confused me...

Quote:
41. Can Shawne Merriman have an impact in his first practice with his new team?

49 Questions Heading Into OTAs

I was really thinking something happened. What is Phil Barber referring to?

Did we pick up Merrimen??? Didn't think I was away from the Zone that long??

Look at question #42...

Thanks because #41 had me surfing the net for more info............
Quote:
Missing from the action were CBs Nate Clements and Shawntae Spencer, NT Aubrayo Franklin, OLB Manny Lawson, DT Kentwan Balmer, RB Michael Robinson

F*ck you Balmer, you piece of s**t.
Where's teh pickturz?

LB Patrick Willis

G Mike Iupati

S Dashon Goldson, TE Vernon Davis, RB Frank Gore, WR Jason Hill

LB Takeo Spikes

S Dashon Goldson

RB Glen Coffee

WR Dominique Zeigler

WR Ted Ginn Jr.

LBs Scott McKillop and Takeo Spikes

QB Alex Smith

T Joe Staley

Secondary Coach, Johnnie Lynn

LB Travis LaBoy

Assistant WR coach Wendell Davis, WRs Michael Crabtree and Josh Morgan

S Michael Lewis

RB Frank Gore

S Taylor Mays

LINK HERE
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Quote:
Missing from the action were CBs Nate Clements and Shawntae Spencer, NT Aubrayo Franklin, OLB Manny Lawson, DT Kentwan Balmer, RB Michael Robinson

F*ck you Balmer, you piece of s**t.

He's injured, although you bring up an educated and well thought-out point.