There are 149 users in the forums

1983 season CG vs Redskins

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Here
Although we lost the famous "interference penalty" game, it's still nice to see Joe and his band fight for another super bowl berth and almost get it
Thanks man!
I remember watching that game when I was eight years old. I remember the night before the game I had a Lite Brite set and me and my father made the 49er logo on there. After the game I was so ticked and upset, I trashed my room and Lite Brite pieces were everywhere! lol THAT WAS NOT PASS INTERFERENCE!
This game was fixed.. I can't recall every being so mad.... it was the worst officiated game that I have ever seen.

Joe was on the verge of leading an epic comeback and the refs just stole the game.

There should have been an investigation...
[ Edited by DaveWilcox on May 16, 2010 at 4:53 PM ]
The worst part is the Niners would've beaten the "Los Angeles" Raiders in the Super Bowl!!!
link to second half?
  • tn9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
This game was fixed.. I can't recall every being so mad.... it was the worst officiated game that I have ever seen.

Joe was on the verge of leading an epic comeback and the refs just stole the game.

There should have been an investigation...

Yeah, but karma bit them in the azz against the raiders...
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
The worst part is the Niners would've beaten the "Los Angeles" Raiders in the Super Bowl!!!

I'll keep my streak alive of mentioning this every time this game comes up . . . but I don't think we beat the Raiders if we get past the Skins.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

I'll keep my streak alive of mentioning this every time this game comes up . . . but I don't think we beat the Raiders if we get past the Skins.

nahh... that was THE ONE Super Bowl Bill Walsh regretted never playing in. he badly wanted to shove it down al davis's throat.... ditto for Eddie D.

BW would've come up with some awesome gameplan to dazzle the faiders' D and just like he'd do in the following Super Bowl vs. Dan Marino, Def. Coord. George Seifert would've found a way of neutralizing Marcus Allen...(remember the Niners had a great, DEEP D-line @ this time, plus underrated LBs).
[ Edited by Buonaparte69 on May 17, 2010 at 2:21 AM ]
the only other time the Niners and raiders almost met in the SB was in 1990 i think...but they both lost to NY teams (Giants, Bills) in the conference championships.

we all know the last time both teams even made the playoffs in the same year....

Share 49ersWebzone