LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

Toss ups will determine our year...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Looking at the schedule, there are a bunch of games I see going either way. Depending on the outcomes of these games, we could be in for a pretty good season.

I'm not gonna try to predict which games we will win and lose, because things happen on "any given Sunday". On paper, a lot of the teams we play this year have had some recent success, and some haven't. That doesn't mean these teams will have the same success or lack thereof this year. I will try to put each game in perspective from how I look at it. This is all based on my perceived progress of our team (great draft, continuity for Smith, FA acquisitions for depth, etc.) and what I think other teams might have happen to them:

SEA: Yes, I think we are a better team than SEA, but they have had a good off season, new coach and that stadium is always tough. Do I think we win, though?. (Toss up)

NO: Remember the unbeatable (literally) Pats in 2007? Well, we know how that turned out in 2008 (no playoffs). That said, NO will be good this year, but I am not scared of this matchup. This SHOULD be a fun game to watch. (Probably L, but who knows)

KC: I'm pretty confident here. (W)

ATL: If for no other reason than saving face for last year's debacle, this should be a game every Niner has circled on the calendar. I think this game could be the turning point, for good or bad, on the season. A win and confidence will soar. (Toss up)

PHI: Besides the loss of McNabb, they should still be a pretty tough team. They have owned us in recent years, but I think this year we finally take em. (Toss up)

OAK: Good draft, no Russell, but still a lot of questions. They won't be pushovers, but I think there is no reason for a loss here (W)

CAR: Similar to OAK, I think this team could be better than advertised this year with a rebound of their running game. We do play the run pretty stoutly, though. I feel good about this one. (W)

DEN: I don't know how to read this team. They should have a good D and don't. Their O is blah on paper and pulls out a lot of last minute heroics to win games. I think we will pull this one out, if based on nothing more than the questions at QB and loss of Marshall. (Toss up)

STL: I own several firearms. If we lose here, my biggest decision will be which one to use to blow my right foot off. (W)

TPA: They will be stronger this year than last. So will we. (W)

AZ: Here's the big one, and after a nice stretch of wins, I think we disappoint a little here. That said, I also think at this point in the season, AZ will not be right on our heels for the division. It'll hurt, but I think we blow this one. (L)

GB: This really is a toss up. A lot depends on how we play the previous week and whether the weather holds up for us (Dec. in Green Bay could be pretty crappy). Too early to tell on this one. (Toss up)

SEA: Another one that may be too early to tell, but I believe we are the better team. At home, this year, we should win. (W)

SD: This team will take a step back this year. That said, they are another team that has owned us for a while. It all depends on if our step forward moves past they're step back. (Toss up)

STL: See comments above. It'll have to be my left foot this time though. (W)

AZ: Big win to end the season (unless we have the division tied up and are gearing up for playoffs!) (W)

So I see 8 wins, 2 losses and 6 toss ups. We won't win or lose all the toss ups, so I'm gonna go 50%. 11-5 sounds pretty good to me.
I honestly see the 49ers at 9.5 wins 6.5 losses next year. I think the year before I predicted more like 8.8-7.2. They should definitely improve but a 10-6 season (which would most likely qualify for playoffs) would be about my expectation.
With your fractions of wins/losses, I think you may be analyzing slightly more than me. I can't argue with you though. Hopefully we'll split the difference (10.5 wins, 5.5 losses...and then round up to 11-5!)
nice breakdown what also needs to be considered is the fact they have to go to Atl then to Car then to london I wonder if they stay on da east coast somewhere that could have an effect on those 3 games
  • Pintor73
  • Info N/A
here we go (5)of 6 from our divisional games (3)out of 4 from the afc west (2) out of 4 nfc south maybe a split gb or philly(1) so i see at least a 10-6 maybe 11-5
Whos TPA?
Originally posted by pelos21:
Whos TPA?

Tampa...sorry if I missed the approved almanac abbreviation of the city by the bay.
I just go with TB
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
I just go with TB

Well, considering whose socks your wearing, I guess you are right. TB it is.
Originally posted by VANiner:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
I just go with TB

Well, considering whose socks your wearing, I guess you are right. TB it is.

Rofl. I actually had the same question until I scrolled down a little. If it wasn't there, I was just gonna hold down my windows key and hit D and look at the schedule on my desktop to figure it out!

~Dann~

We are going 13-3 and winning the super bowl.
10-6 + DIVISION CROWN.

Postseason:

Wildcard Round: Vikings - WIN
Divisional Round: @Saints - LOSS
im going with 11-5
Share 49ersWebzone