LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 309 users in the forums

Starting a Franchise: Which 49er do you take?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dominate:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by GOLDMOUTH22:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Rod Woodson

Over Lott

I got to hear this.

i would take a young rod woodson over ronnie lott! rod woodson not only was hitter, he was a ball hawk and he returned punts and kicks!

Woodson had 4 career return TDs. He was ok but that wouldnt be enough to take him over Lott.

He had 12 int tds though....

Lott had 4 superbowl rings though.....

so 4 superbowl rings= individual play?
Hands down, the choice is easy.. it's Zak Keasey.
ronnie lotts stats: In his 14 NFL seasons, Lott recorded 8.5 sacks and 63 interceptions, which he returned for 730 yards and five touchdowns. He recovered 17 fumbles, returned them for 43 yards, and gained 113 yards on kickoff returns. Lott also played in 20 postseason games, recording nine interceptions, 89 tackles, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery, and two touchdowns. He was also named All-Pro eight times, All-NFC six times, and All-AFC once. Beyond statistics, Lott had an uncanny awareness of how a play was developing, which allowed him to break up passes and earn a reputation as one of the hardest and most efficient open-field tacklers in the history of the league.

rod woodsons stats:Woodson is among the NFL's all time leaders in games played as a defensive back and interceptions. In his 17 NFL seasons, Woodson recorded 71 interceptions, 1,483 interception return yards, 32 fumble recoveries (15 offensive and 17 defensive), 137 fumble return yards, 4,894 kickoff return yards, 2,362 punt return yards, and 17 touchdowns (12 interception returns, 1 fumble return, 2 kickoff returns, 2 punt returns). He holds the league record for interceptions returned for touchdowns with 12, and is tied with 11 other players for the record for most fumble recoveries in a single game (3). His 1,483 interception return yards are also an NFL record. His 32 fumble recoveries are a record amongst defensive players. His 71 interceptions rank 3rd all time.

Woodson was named to the Pro Bowl eleven times, a record for a defensive back. He was also the first player to earn trips to the Pro Bowl at cornerback, safety and kick returner.[6] He was named 1993's NFL Defensive Player of the Year by the Associated Press. He was also a 7 time All-Pro selection. Woodson finished second to Darrell Green in the 1988 NFL Fastest Man Contest.[7]

do the math fellahs! i have all of lotts jerseys and that's because i'm a 49ers fan... i'm speaking from a unbiased opinion... look at the numbers and do the math! its easy to see who was the better db!

4 sb rings Is the only stat I need Without Lott we dont win the 4 we did with him.
  • Jiks
Lott or Willis! We're talking about building a team. Who you would want to start you're team off with? Willis has been nothing but dominant since he entered the league. He would be a solid first piece to that puzzle. Lott had a great career, but he did not make the sudden impact a guy like Willis had. I think I would want to start my team off with a player that would come in day one and roam the field like Willis. It's pretty tough though.
Sanders
ronnie lotts stats: In his 14 NFL seasons, Lott recorded 8.5 sacks and 63 interceptions, which he returned for 730 yards and five touchdowns. He recovered 17 fumbles, returned them for 43 yards, and gained 113 yards on kickoff returns. Lott also played in 20 postseason games, recording nine interceptions, 89 tackles, one forced fumble, one fumble recovery, and two touchdowns. He was also named All-Pro eight times, All-NFC six times, and All-AFC once. Beyond statistics, Lott had an uncanny awareness of how a play was developing, which allowed him to break up passes and earn a reputation as one of the hardest and most efficient open-field tacklers in the history of the league.

rod woodsons stats:Woodson is among the NFL's all time leaders in games played as a defensive back and interceptions. In his 17 NFL seasons, Woodson recorded 71 interceptions, 1,483 interception return yards, 32 fumble recoveries (15 offensive and 17 defensive), 137 fumble return yards, 4,894 kickoff return yards, 2,362 punt return yards, and 17 touchdowns (12 interception returns, 1 fumble return, 2 kickoff returns, 2 punt returns). He holds the league record for interceptions returned for touchdowns with 12, and is tied with 11 other players for the record for most fumble recoveries in a single game (3). His 1,483 interception return yards are also an NFL record. His 32 fumble recoveries are a record amongst defensive players. His 71 interceptions rank 3rd all time.

Woodson was named to the Pro Bowl eleven times, a record for a defensive back. He was also the first player to earn trips to the Pro Bowl at cornerback, safety and kick returner.[6] He was named 1993's NFL Defensive Player of the Year by the Associated Press. He was also a 7 time All-Pro selection. Woodson finished second to Darrell Green in the 1988 NFL Fastest Man Contest.[7]

do the math fellahs! i have all of lotts jerseys and that's because i'm a 49ers fan... i'm speaking from a unbiased opinion... look at the numbers and do the math! its easy to see who was the better db!

4 sb rings Is the only stat I need Without Lott we dont win the 4 we did with him.

let me ask you a honest question... followed by your honest answer! does rod woodson win 4 superbowls had he played on the 49ers in place of ronnie lott? and does ronnie lott win 4 superbowls had he played with the steelers first?
Joe Perry. Still our all time leading rusher. Come on kids.
Rod Woodson

Over Lott

I got to hear this.

i would take a young rod woodson over ronnie lott! rod woodson not only was hitter, he was a ball hawk and he returned punts and kicks!

Lott went to the PB as a corner dude. Lott>>>Woodson. Rod Woodson will NOT be in the HoF imo.
Originally posted by TDTomAndo:

RB is an easier position to fill though.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Rod Woodson

Over Lott

I got to hear this.

Lott went to the PB as a corner dude. Lott>>>Woodson. Rod Woodson will NOT be in the HoF imo.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.aspx?player_id=282

BEMULAR

Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by TDTomAndo:

RB is an easier position to fill though.

Not only that but Perry played FB. Not sure your first pick should be FB in this day and age. Even though at the time perry was the 2nd all time rusher behind Jim Brown when he retired.
Nate Davis
I think I'd say Ronnie Lott...he was versatile, hit like a freight train, and was a real leader on and off the field. He set the tone for the defense...and was truly a player other teams downright feared.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Rod Woodson

Over Lott

I got to hear this.

YOU FAIL
Share 49ersWebzone