LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 162 users in the forums

gore vs jacobs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I watched a lot of giants games last year and Jacobs did not look like what he did the previous year. He played a lot softer. He would wait for contact and not initiate it like 2008. Plus Gore has never had a 3.7 rushing avg in a season.
Dexter Carter.
Other than physical size, Jacobs has nothing on Gore.

Size.. Jacobs
Speed.. Gore
Agility.. Gore
Vision.. Gore
Pass Catching.. Gore
Does your friend make it a habit to waste so much of your time?
Originally posted by danimal:
Does your friend make it a habit to waste so much of your time?

haha well, the argument got pretty heated...hes as passionate a giants fan as i am a niners fan, he did however bring up some good points, which i of course countered with good points of my own, lemme break down the debate

Gore: better speed, agility, and pass catching, also has played on a team with no QB and a pretty bad O-line

Jacobs: had played in a mulitple back system, if he got the amount of carries Gore has gotten, his stats would be much better, is personally responsible for wearing down defenses so they can be put away in the 4th quarter

Good points, but advantage Gore
Gore is a top 5 back, while Jacobs MAYBE cracks the bottom of top 10. Wanna here something funny?? one of my buddies was like yeah Gore is a BEAST! isnt he like Jacobs size?? LOL i was like no Jacobs is like 6'4 dood looks like a pass rusher, while Gore is much shorter at 5'9 !!!
Gore without question! I have a cousin who's a G-Men fanatic who'd agree with me!

1. CJ
2. AP
3. MJD
4. Frankie G
5. Turner
6. Rice
7. Jackson
8. DeAngelo
9. Brown
10. Benson

My list is debatable, but most would agree that Jacobs isn't anywhere near the top 10 in the NFL.
[ Edited by doc_brown_ on May 13, 2010 at 3:47 PM ]
Gore no contest, Jacobs is just huge...
I wonder how many injuries Jacobs would have if he neared 250 carries?
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Gore without question! I have a cousin who's a G-Men fanatic who'd agree with me!

1. CJ
2. AP
3. MJD
4. Frankie G
5. Turner
6. Rice
7. Jackson
8. DeAngelo
9. Brown
10. Benson

My list is debatable, but most would agree that Jacobs isn't anywhere near the top 10 in the NFL.

CJ? Dude Spiller hasn't had 1 carry in the NFL and you're already crowning him the #1 runningback??? WTF!?

Originally posted by zozell:

1. CJ
2. AP
3. MJD
4. Frankie G
5. Turner
6. Rice
7. Jackson
8. DeAngelo
9. Brown
10. Benson

CJ? Dude Spiller hasn't had 1 carry in the NFL and you're already crowning him the #1 runningback??? WTF!?

I believe you are being sarcastic, but just incase, I think he was referring to Chris Johnson.
I dont care what anyone says, Gore is a special back. He tore BOTH ACL`s and he`s still one of the best, If he didnt have those knee injuries he would be easily the top back in the league every year WITH the WORST OL.

Call me a homer or whatever u want but I would take Gore over any back in the league, If we get our OL situation taken care of there is no doubt in my mind gore will bring home a rushing title.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by zozell:

1. CJ
2. AP
3. MJD
4. Frankie G
5. Turner
6. Rice
7. Jackson
8. DeAngelo
9. Brown
10. Benson

I believe you are being sarcastic, but just incase, I think he was referring to Chris Johnson.

Originally posted by bigmike55:
Other than physical size, Jacobs has nothing on Gore.

Size.. Jacobs
Speed.. Gore
Agility.. Gore
Vision.. Gore
Pass Catching.. Gore

ok cool.. telll me the three words.. example it..

my favorite the top three are lists.... number 1 is Power, number 2 is Speed, and number 3 is Agility!
Your Giant's friend is an idiot. It's Gore and it's not even close.
Share 49ersWebzone