LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Choose your Safety.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Choose your Safety.

OJ is was better thank Goldson you homers
Better get a hometown discount. Golston was a late rd pick that the 9ers took the time to develop. If anyone else would have drafted him he would be a backup. Players need loyalty just as much teams do.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Goldston, Golston or Goldson, which one is our Safety???
Originally posted by 49time:
Goldson, really stepped it up at the end of last year. However, I thnk he is a bit overrated. Goldson is demanding a $7 million dollar salary. I do not think his play is worth it. I read on another site that Atowge can be had for $4 million. So here is the question. Who is the better safety and who would you rather sign? I would rather sign Atowge and spend the extra money on securing a QB or signing Franklin for the future. I am curious to hear the webzone suggestions.

Only reason I ever wanted Atogwe was to play alongside Goldson not take his place. I bet Atogwe goes for more than 4 million with about 10 teams after him. Plus Atogwe will be 29 in June compared to Goldson who is 25 until September.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Watch my man Reggie Smith step up at FS!!!

that would be sweet

Has anyone heard him do anything since being drafted?
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

that would be sweet

Same could be said for Goldson before last season. We'll see. If he doesn't step up this year and provide competition at that spot, I don't see the 49ers keeping him around next year.
d goldson is home grown talent we drafted and developed him into the playmaker he is today id rather have goldson his skills set fits what we need opposite taylor mays they complement each other perfectly taylor mays being in the box hard hitting ss with range and goldson being athletic fs with coverage skills and hitting ability
I only watched 3 games that Goldson stood out. I just think that Atgowe is a cheaper and better option.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
OJ is was better thank Goldson you homers

Not sure what you are trying to say here.......

I choose Goldson based on last year performance. Sign him now / 5 year deal @ 5mil a year. If Goldson wants more than that then the Niners should consider OJ if they can get him for less.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

that would be sweet

He was having a good preseason last year before he got injured.

Mark Roman.
  • EdEs
  • Veteran
Goldson Easily do you not remeber the below

2:55 mark

a picture says a thousand words but videos say more

[ Edited by EdEs on May 13, 2010 at 10:50:26 ]
Originally posted by 49time:
Goldson, really stepped it up at the end of last year. However, I thnk he is a bit overrated. Goldson is demanding a $7 million dollar salary. I do not think his play is worth it. I read on another site that Atowge can be had for $4 million. So here is the question. Who is the better safety and who would you rather sign? I would rather sign Atowge and spend the extra money on securing a QB or signing Franklin for the future. I am curious to hear the webzone suggestions.

atogwe is good and cheap... but he gots some miles on his wheels. in the other hand goldson is expensive but still has upside since he's young! i think goldson is gonna be a stud this year imo... i say we dictate his payday next summer! cause if he's asking for 7 now... it can't go any higher even if he does well this year!
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Goldson already knows the scheme so that should make him better. As good as Otowge is, I would rather pursue a Shawn Merriman a Pass Rusher that may push us over the top.
i was really impressed with goldson last year, he can be a really formidable safety if he continues on that improvement trend....cant help but love the fact that we easily have the hardest hitting safeties in the league, whos gonna wanna go across the middle of the field on us? willis, goldson, lewis, and now mays!! people are gonna be gettin jacked up!
Share 49ersWebzone