There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Choose your Safety.

Choose your Safety.

Goldson, really stepped it up at the end of last year. However, I thnk he is a bit overrated. Goldson is demanding a $7 million dollar salary. I do not think his play is worth it. I read on another site that Atowge can be had for $4 million. So here is the question. Who is the better safety and who would you rather sign? I would rather sign Atowge and spend the extra money on securing a QB or signing Franklin for the future. I am curious to hear the webzone suggestions.
I would rather have Goldson.... although, before we pay him, he needs to prove it for another year.

I think Atgowe is a lot older. Also, he isn't as athletic and fearless.

[ Edited by sacniner on May 12, 2010 at 17:27:36 ]
Goldston all the way! He's a young up and coming S and in a year or 2 will be among the best. Rumors say he wants 7M/year he'll get something like 5 watch.
Goldson all the way. Guy really stepped up his game and if he continues, could be an elite safety.
Originally posted by sacniner:
I would rather have Goldson.... although, before we pay him, he needs to prove it for another year.

I think Atgowe is a lot older. Also, he isn't as athletic and fearless.

Atgowe is only 28. i do not know about the athletic abilities. I thinks they are very comparable. Atgowe is a slightly faster. I think we forget how horrible Goldson was at the begining of the season.
lott
Originally posted by darkknight49:
lott

Unfortunately not an option. So who do you pick between the two?
Wouldnt mind signing Goldson to a 5yr 25mill contract, anything more than that would be difficult
Mark Roman
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
goldson is going to be this year's haralson
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Watch my man Reggie Smith step up at FS!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Watch my man Reggie Smith step up at FS!!!

that would be sweet
7 mill is a starting point means nothing, he wont get that from any team. even if he has an allpro season he wont get that cash. with that said im hoping that lewis stays healthy and mays develops and proves me wrong. if smith gets his shat together at FS then all the better..............the more competition the mo better
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
Wouldnt mind signing Goldson to a 5yr 25mill contract, anything more than that would be difficult

Like Vernon, Goldson needs to be signed before the season starts. Otherwise, with another good effort he'll price himself out of our ability to pay.

All the more reason to keep Reggie around, just in case.
No where has it been said that the niners are interested in Otogwe