LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 157 users in the forums

CBS sports has us #21????

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't even look at power rankings unless people on Webzone make a big deal about them.

ESPN had the Jets, Broncos, and Bengals all in the low to mid 20's last off season.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2009

bottom line is, it doesn't matter where you start, but where you finish. There's only one playoff team that wins it's final game, and everyone wants it to be them.
Wow, they stuck us in the mix with the 4-12 teams, even though we improved on paper.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
It's May, nothing matters right now. Just look at how we're all over the place in different rankings. One analyst thinks we'll be superbowl contenders while another think we wont even be playoff contenders.
Originally posted by Rathman_44:
Didn't see this posted yet.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13374816/power-rankings-in-wake-of-pillgate-saints-an-unsteady-no-1?tag=coverlist_active;coverlist_footer

Specific bones to pick - Jaguars/Texans/Cardinals all ranked higher than us.

I can see the Texans - but we worked the Jags who made 0 improvements and beat the Tardinals twice who have done nothing but go backward.

What do you guys think?

I think it's great. The team will rally around being an underdog with something to prove. The pieces really seem to be in place, we have quality starters and now we have depth. If Alex can play the way he did last year, I think we're in the playoffs...do we win? no...but, I think we get over the "losing team" label....and we'll be on our way to being competitive. Looking forward to this year...
Alex Smith is still the quarterback and the team still has many question marks. Anywhere between 16-22 sounds about right.
No one had us winning the 1981 Superbowl.

What they think doesn't matter. No disrespect meant to anyone.

Go with who you love.

San Francisco 49ers !!
Originally posted by susweel:

That pisses me off, we should clearly be at #19.

Exactly! We earned that much!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

That pisses me off, we should clearly be at #19.

Dont take it to serious buddy, its because of Alex....
The fact they have the Cardinals rated so high is a joke. They were 10-6 last year and they've lost more than they gained so how do they figure the Cardinals are going to do so well?

Than you factor in that we were the 13th worst team last year, we actually improved our roster, and should be improved by the sheer fact we're running the same offense two years in a row but yet we're going somehow we've taken a step backward and going to be the 12th worst team in the NFL?
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
The fact they have the Cardinals rated so high is a joke. They were 10-6 last year and they've lost more than they gained so how do they figure the Cardinals are going to do so well?

Than you factor in that we were the 13th worst team last year, we actually improved our roster, and should be improved by the sheer fact we're running the same offense two years in a row but yet we're going somehow we've taken a step backward and going to be the 12th worst team in the NFL?

It's called "RESPECT"

The Cardinals have EARNED it; The Niners HAVE NOT.

Share 49ersWebzone