LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 355 users in the forums

Scouts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Okay I understand the release of McCloughan, but who is Patten? Wasn't there anyone better. Looking at his credentials, last with the Rams and once with the Skins. Gotta say that Rams have not exactly been tapping the deep end of the talent pool but more like the shallow end. Anyone have an answer for this.

I admit I know nothing of scouts credntials and who is qual., but...
wait and see. apparently he is experienced
This might be a great question to ask Maiocco or Barrows. How do the 49ers go about selecting scouts? Can we get one or two from Indiannapolis, New England, Baltimore, and Philadelphia?
exactly our colege scouting has been pretty darn good davis, willis, goldson, morgan, staely, there are tons of talent we really picked up i say we hit well more then we missed.. shame to lose sumone who seemed to be doin his job pretty good for a guy who scouted carrack the rams are one of the most talentless teams in the league and we go one of their scouts
Originally posted by 9er_84:
exactly our colege scouting has been pretty darn good davis, willis, goldson, morgan, staely, there are tons of talent we really picked up i say we hit well more then we missed.. shame to lose sumone who seemed to be doin his job pretty good for a guy who scouted carrack the rams are one of the most talentless teams in the league and we go one of their scouts

With the exception of Staley's college, a blind man could find these guys. They played at major colleges and stood out for one reason or another (sans Morgan).
Originally posted by WildBill:
Okay I understand the release of McCloughan, but who is Patten? Wasn't there anyone better. Looking at his credentials, last with the Rams and once with the Skins. Gotta say that Rams have not exactly been tapping the deep end of the talent pool but more like the shallow end. Anyone have an answer for this.

I admit I know nothing of scouts credntials and who is qual., but...

I have been thinking the exact same thing. Why hire anyone from the Rams or Vinnie Ceratto's old Redskins organization? Seems weak.
  • cools
  • Veteran
somtimes there are a couple good cooks even in a bad restaurant
Share 49ersWebzone