LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

We will lead the league in o-line pancake block stats for years to come.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • TFSP
With what ever starting 5 o-linemen we have going forward, they have the experience and/or at least the 'want' to smash(run) block. A effective run blocking o-line has to have that 'nasty' attitude to be successful. They have that. To hell with, "but it's a quarter back league. Sing is delusional."

We won't need trick, gimmick, etc plays to be successful. We have the lineman that want to drive block, instead of finesse block(ie. The Colts, New England, or New Orleans). Give me the line that resembles the Jets...Yeah the kind of line that got a rookie QB get to the playoffs. A QB that had, what 1 year of college ball starts? What happens when P. Manning, Brady, or Brees gets hurt?

Think about it. There hasn't been great QB's or should I say poster players of the league, that has been drafted, vs other recently position players drafted and their talent level that's a game changer. Which makes me say, if there's nothing to sell, something will to change.

The league will revert back to how the game is supposed to be played, with real make sense football rules(like wrs no longer getting away with the Randy Moss push off). What the type of players the league will sell? NOT over-rated QB's. The future QB will be asked to manage the game, but strike as a chess player in the game.

All of this will benefit our team, now and the future. We will change how the game is played now. Oh, and to other defenses, please stack the box. Because unlike in 07', we have TE's and WR's and promising backup RB's this time, with a o-line thats WAY better. Teams think they will know what's coming, while always saying, "but if they pass it, we in trouble."

4 yards and a cloud of dust, I'll take every time, while our defense gives the ball right back to us after we score.

The steam rolling Samoan, Michael Iupati (pronounced /(iː)juːˈpɑːti/, (ee-)yoo-PAH-tee)is one individual I would not want to irritate. He looks to be one tough individual. I can imagine him pulling up redwoods... OK, small redwoods .

Has an unheard of high threshold of pain. Makes Necro Butcher look like a crybaby.

Destroys coconuts with his bare hands.

Loves to beat the snot out of people.

Glad he is on our side.

[ Edited by RogerCraig on May 9, 2010 at 23:45:58 ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I rather lead the league in pancake blocks than win another super bowl trophy.
  • TFSP
Originally posted by GEEK:
I rather lead the league in pancake blocks than win another super bowl trophy.

You mean you want a offense like the Colts. High Risk, High Reward, many playoff appearances and just 1 ring=definition of a true ESPN fan.
guys if you look back to the last 10 or some super bowls you'll see that the winner either has
a) a super star QB (manning, brees, brady, big ben 2nd championship) or
b) a strong running game with excellent defense (ravens, bucs, giants, steelers 1st championship)

We all know alex smith isnt a superstar in this league but if history tells us anything, I think singletary is on to something here.
Last year, our offense had a horrible habit of going 3 and out which resulted in the defense being on the field more than they should be and I am hard pressed to believe that the offense will reduce that number this year which means the defense should have time to breathe on the sidelines this season.
Based on last years play I believe the 49ers may be a top 5 defense in this league just as the jets did this past year after they ditched favre and became a running team. its all gonna come down to how consistent the run game can be. i think its best for our offense to not focus as much on alex smith at qb to take some pressure off of him.

so what im basically saying is if that bum mark sanchez can lead his team deep into the playoffs so can alex smith.

all you gotta do is believe baby!!!

[ Edited by schmons on May 10, 2010 at 00:50:03 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I can't wait for this OL to kick ass this year.
A vastly improved OLine will make our running game better, our improved pass protection will result in more completions & TD's and much less 3 & outs! Our D will be more rested and even more effective because they won't be on the field so much. And as an added bonus we'll be physicaly beating the crap out of the opposition.

It will be interesting to watch how many injured players our opponents have the week after they play us and how many games they win the week after they play us.

Let the games begin!
Also consider that the Dallas dynasty of the 1990's was based in their O-Line. Smith was a 1-cut downhill runner and Aikman was a 5-step drop QB. The Dallas line made them unstoppable.

With a power running game, physical receivers, and a stout defense there is much reason to be optimistic for the upcoming seasons.

If we simply increase the 3rd & 10, it will have a positive impact on Alex. Last year was run from a limited playbook, since we were always playing from long yardage situations. Gaining 4-6 yards on first down opens up a plethora of options for the offensive coordinator. (Strangely, defenses don't bite on play action from 2nd and 13)
Originally posted by schmons:
guys if you look back to the last 10 or some super bowls you'll see that the winner either has
a) a super star QB (manning, brees, brady, big ben 2nd championship) or
b) a strong running game with excellent defense (ravens, bucs, giants, steelers 1st championship)

We all know alex smith isnt a superstar in this league but if history tells us anything, I think singletary is on to something here.
Last year, our offense had a horrible habit of going 3 and out which resulted in the defense being on the field more than they should be and I am hard pressed to believe that the offense will reduce that number this year which means the defense should have time to breathe on the sidelines this season.
Based on last years play I believe the 49ers may be a top 5 defense in this league just as the jets did this past year after they ditched favre and became a running team. its all gonna come down to how consistent the run game can be. i think its best for our offense to not focus as much on alex smith at qb to take some pressure off of him.

so what im basically saying is if that bum mark sanchez can lead his team deep into the playoffs so can alex smith.

all you gotta do is believe baby!!!

Lets go Niners!

Hopefully, AS will out perform Mark Sanchez. Cuz if he doesn't, we all will be screaming for his head!

Sanchez 2444 yds 53.8% Comp. 12 TD 20 INT 63.0 Rating.

Although I wouldn't be surprised

mmm pancakes

[ Edited by tjd808185 on May 10, 2010 at 16:07:13 ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Well you're wrong about the Saints. Their O line is bigger and nastier than our O line is. With Jonathon Stinchcomb, Carl Nicks, and Jahri Evans there's a reason why they finished 6th in rushing without a true number one running back. It's actually what separates the Saints from the Colts and Patriots. They can pound the rock down your throat if they want to. That's the way the leauge is actually heading. Look at the Vikings. Big, mauling offensive line that can still light it up because it is a pass first league.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on May 10, 2010 at 16:07:57 ]
Originally posted by mayo63:
I can't wait for this OL to kick ass this year.
Originally posted by TFSP:
With what ever starting 5 o-linemen we have going forward, they have the experience and/or at least the 'want' to smash(run) block. A effective run blocking o-line has to have that 'nasty' attitude to be successful. They have that. To hell with, "but it's a quarter back league. Sing is delusional."

We won't need trick, gimmick, etc plays to be successful. We have the lineman that want to drive block, instead of finesse block(ie. The Colts, New England, or New Orleans). Give me the line that resembles the Jets...Yeah the kind of line that got a rookie QB get to the playoffs. A QB that had, what 1 year of college ball starts? What happens when P. Manning, Brady, or Brees gets hurt?

Think about it. There hasn't been great QB's or should I say poster players of the league, that has been drafted, vs other recently position players drafted and their talent level that's a game changer. Which makes me say, if there's nothing to sell, something will to change.

The league will revert back to how the game is supposed to be played, with real make sense football rules(like wrs no longer getting away with the Randy Moss push off). What the type of players the league will sell? NOT over-rated QB's. The future QB will be asked to manage the game, but strike as a chess player in the game.

All of this will benefit our team, now and the future. We will change how the game is played now. Oh, and to other defenses, please stack the box. Because unlike in 07', we have TE's and WR's and promising backup RB's this time, with a o-line thats WAY better. Teams think they will know what's coming, while always saying, "but if they pass it, we in trouble."

4 yards and a cloud of dust, I'll take every time, while our defense gives the ball right back to us after we score.

our OL was the worst in football last year, and we upgraded nowhere in the offseason aside from two 1st round picks that may or may not pan out. imo Iupati has a great chance to, but they havent taken the field yet.

its a little hasty to be touting them as the most physical pancake blocking line in football already...
Share 49ersWebzone