There are 244 users in the forums

Niners v Colts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There were some dropped passes on our part, and one that Alex missed the receiver on while rolling left. He really need to work on that, since it's fairly predictable that he will roll to his right.

But.....this game came down to a HB option pass.

With Peyton, your defense is going to look suspect in pass protection and give up some plays. He's just too smart and good.

The fact that they had to resort to a trick play makes it apparent.

If we can solve the puzzle of tight ends and screen passes on defense, and our front seven plays as well as they did last year, this could be a good team. I'm more concerned about depth in the Defensive Backfield this year.

On offense, we'll see what two young O-Lineman can do, because in the case of
RT we need a change for sure. Also, will be interesting to see what kind of improved play will happen with AS and his receiving core have more reps together in preseason.
I remember missed opportunities on offense in that game to take a commanding lead. Drives got stalled for one reason or another. Except for that option play the defense played a very good game.

Hopefully with more experience together the guys on offense can be better do a better job of executing.
we lost this game because of Raye sorry ass
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:

LOL. Teams with poor offensive players hire Jimmy Raye.

2008 - Players WAY behind Martz requirements
2009 - Players in sync with Raye's requirements
2010 - Players could surpass Rayes standards, if this happens should look for a better OC next off season

For the record, I never really felt like the Niners were going to win either the MIN or the IND game. I rarely see a football team beat another football team when you are only converting like 1 3rd down the whole game. Just doesn't happen

[ Edited by danimal on May 10, 2010 at 13:10:43 ]
Originally posted by danimal:

2010 - Players could surpass Rayes standards, if this happens should look for a better OC next off season

For the record, I never really felt like the Niners were going to win either the MIN or the IND game. I rarely see a football team beat another football team when you are only converting like 1 3rd down the whole game. Just doesn't happen

Tell me about it. Raye is always banking on Gore breaking one up the gut; it's hilarious. This dude is another Jim Hostler but with more talent around him. This is not a knock on VD, but I am fully expecting Davis' productions to drop due to teams figuring out our TE plays this year.

I am banking on Gore, the Oline, and defense this season. Hopefully, we get to the playoffs
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
From top to bottom the niners have a more talented roster then the Colts. They just have Peyton Manning, the best player in the world.

We are the only team the didnt allow him to throw a TD.

Peyton was sacked 10 times all year and the niners got him 3 times.

If you ask Peyton who the tuffest D was he faced all year i bet he says niners.

lol...smfh
Originally posted by danimal:

Tell me about it. Raye is always banking on Gore breaking one up the gut; it's hilarious. This dude is another Jim Hostler but with more talent around him. This is not a knock on VD, but I am fully expecting Davis' productions to drop due to teams figuring out our TE plays this year.

I am banking on Gore, the Oline, and defense this season. Hopefully, we get to the playoffs

So you dont think Davis is a good TE? Because Im sure the Chargers run the same plays for Gates but he can't be covered. Really the TE is the hardest guy to cover when he is on the field. VD's hands have been suspect but his work ethic has been great so I don't see why his numbers would drop, at least no significantly.
Our defensive scheme was awesome in this game. it was a total chess game. I loved how we didnt show our defensive hand, till the last 10 seconds of the play clock so manning couldn't audible.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
This was definitely a season changer. It show's how close the Niners were last year to making the playoff's. Niners have to win games like these games next year.......

Easy TD if Bly would have made the catch = 9ers win Game over!

...and also the dropped int near the end of the Vikings game.

*sigh*

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
This was definitely a season changer. It show's how close the Niners were last year to making the playoff's. Niners have to win games like these games next year.......

*sigh*

-9fA

We wouldn't be in that situation in the first if Singletary didn't b***h out on the team. Joe Staley handled Jared Allen that day. Singletary didn't have the killer instinct that game and that's why we lost.

*sigh*

-9fA

We wouldn't be in that situation in the first if Singletary didn't b***h out on the team. Joe Staley handled Jared Allen that day. Singletary didn't have the killer instinct that game and that's why we lost.

Not sure how we got so close to taking that game against the Vikes that day. The running game was almost non-existent. I think the defense wised up against Shaun Hill after that game.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

*sigh*

-9fA

Not sure how we got so close to taking that game against the Vikes that day. The running game was almost non-existent. I think the defense wised up against Shaun Hill after that game.

A combination of Vernon beasting and the 10 point swing on the punt blocked return for TD.

*sigh*

-9fA

are u on glue? first play of the game staley was beaten by allen who forced a fumble and got a sack on shaun hill
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Balmer had some nice plays this game.
Originally posted by crabman82:

*sigh*

-9fA

are u on glue? first play of the game staley was beaten by allen who forced a fumble and got a sack on shaun hill

He didn't do anything after that. I still have the game, do you wish to see? Staley and Sims handled Jared Allen that game.
Share 49ersWebzone