There are 233 users in the forums

Niners v Colts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Wow!

Re-watching this game came down to 2 horrible players:

Adam Snyder
Mark Roman

Snyder was cleanly beat on EVERY snap of the last offensive drive. EVERY SNAP. It was unbelievable. Snyder can't start this year. He really should be a OG only. We should seriously consider signing another RT for depth or hoping Boone can step up and actually compete for a starting spot. Wow - EVERY SNAP. Rachal was inconsistent, but Snyder was just putrid.

Roman is always out of position or just not playing smart. Goes after the pick instead of knocking the ball down in a close game. Not staying responsible, missing tackle after tackle. It was just incredible.

Let's hope this year the team can move past these players.

He shouldnt even be a guard !.. They tried him there before and he was overpowered every play. He and Wragge are p@ssy ass softy backup types. Were going to a more physical OL and these 2 do not fit that need..
From top to bottom the niners have a more talented roster then the Colts. They just have Peyton Manning, the best player in the world.

We are the only team the didnt allow him to throw a TD.

Peyton was sacked 10 times all year and the niners got him 3 times.

If you ask Peyton who the tuffest D was he faced all year i bet he says niners.

[ Edited by Grigga2021 on May 9, 2010 at 21:55:53 ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Wow!

Adam Snyder
Mark Roman

Snyder was cleanly beat on EVERY snap of the last offensive drive. EVERY SNAP. It was unbelievable. Snyder can't start this year. He really should be a OG only. We should seriously consider signing another RT for depth or hoping Boone can step up and actually compete for a starting spot. Wow - EVERY SNAP. Rachal was inconsistent, but Snyder was just putrid.

Roman is always out of position or just not playing smart. Goes after the pick instead of knocking the ball down in a close game. Not staying responsible, missing tackle after tackle. It was just incredible.

I agree Snyder is trash, I hope he gets cut this year. Besides Staley all the olinemen McClueless got are absolutely trash.

No s**t, and the worst part is that we had Warhop developing these guys (before Forester took over); trash developing trash.

Watch any game last season with Snyder on the field and it easily makes Baalke look like the most intelligent man within our FO for moving up to get the best RT available in this year's draft.
With this team, it always comes down to one thing (which happens because of all the reasons said above)

THREE AND OUTS

It's absurd that this team consistently fails to pick a first down throughout games for extended periods of time. We've seen them go into the third quarter without a first down before (if it wasn't the third, it was damn close).

I understand that three and outs were due to us just being a piss poor overall team in the past, but that's not an excuse anymore.

When the time comes for the Niners to either A. Put a game away or B. Get back into it, they never can do it. That's why we lost so so many games last season by 7 points or less (combined with the return issues).
What further frustrated me about the Niners' inability to get first downs was their refusal to make an attempt sometimes.

This falls on Jimmy Raye's shoulders and the o-line. Mostly Jimmy Raye though. On a 3rd and 7 play, Raye would call for a 4 yard comeback route. The hitch routes would make me livid because they would not only dismiss any chance of the receiver getting up field but they also were always well short of where we needed to get for a first down!!!

Maybe it was because he didn't trust his o-line and his QB, but come on... some of those calls would leave me laughing (and dying inside) in disbelief.
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
From top to bottom the niners have a more talented roster then the Colts. They just have Peyton Manning, the best player in the world.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Well, it should be a different story this year. With Iupati and Davis on the team we should have no problem calling longer pass plays. No excuses for not going for it on down and distance.
This was definitely a season changer. It show's how close the Niners were last year to making the playoff's. Niners have to win games like these games next year.......
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Wow!

Adam Snyder
Mark Roman

What about Alex Smith's inaccuracy? He missed a wide-open Isaac Bruce on a crossing route on the last drive of the game.

Most of the passes thrown to bruce should have been caught, thats not Smith's fault with the exception of the one thrown behind bruce when he was wide open. IMO Alex played pretty well in that game.

Wow!

Adam Snyder
Mark Roman

hopefully the drafting of Mays and Davis will improve those key positions u mentioned....but Snyder was rather impressive drafted out of college from its respected draft class...
Originally posted by Grigga2021:

I respect your right to state an opinion, but with all due respect take off the fan PJs.

Manning >>>>>>> Smith
Wayne >>>>>>>> Crabs (for now!)
Garcon >>>>>>>> Morgan
Clark>Davis (this one could be an argument)
Saturday >>>>>>>Heitman (Saturday might be the best Center in the L)

Gore>>>>>>>>Addai/Brown
Willis>>>>>>>>Brackett.

Our D is better as a unit, but the Colts don't win with D. I don't know man - their roster looks pretty good to me and somethign that we should aspire to.
Originally posted by kemp_j:
This was definitely a season changer. It show's how close the Niners were last year to making the playoff's. Niners have to win games like these games next year.......

Easy TD if Bly would have made the catch = 9ers win Game over!
  • TFSP
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
What further frustrated me about the Niners' inability to get first downs was their refusal to make an attempt sometimes.

This falls on Jimmy Raye's shoulders and the o-line. Mostly Jimmy Raye though. On a 3rd and 7 play, Raye would call for a 4 yard comeback route. The hitch routes would make me livid because they would not only dismiss any chance of the receiver getting up field but they also were always well short of where we needed to get for a first down!!!

Maybe it was because he didn't trust his o-line and his QB, but come on... some of those calls would leave me laughing (and dying inside) in disbelief.
  • TFSP
Originally posted by TFSP:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

This year, if we run 2 straight run plays, we won't be in many 3rd 7 situations.
Share 49ersWebzone