LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 323 users in the forums

Niners v Colts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Game replay on right now on nfl network. We could have won this game had we stayed attack mode on offense. The D played great.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
This loss to me was in some ways worse than the Vikings loss. We got Favred against the Vikings, nothing you can do about that but this game, all we did was try and sit on a two point lead the whole game vs the greatest QB in the league. We got beat by a HB pass when all we had to do was actually try and score and we woulda easily won the game.

This game typified why playing conservatively is a bad way to go and if we're in a simlair situation next season I do hope seriously that we do it differently.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Antix:
This loss to me was in some ways worse than the Vikings loss. We got Favred against the Vikings, nothing you can do about that but this game, all we did was try and sit on a two point lead the whole game vs the greatest QB in the league. We got beat by a HB pass when all we had to do was actually try and score and we woulda easily won the game.

This game typified why playing conservatively is a bad way to go and if we're in a simlair situation next season I do hope seriously that we do it differently.

Yah I hope Sing learned his lesson sitting on the ball with a small lead will get you beat. Same thing happened in the viking games we had so many chances to win that game if we had picked up a first down.
Listen to Jim Caldwell in the locker room after the game. He tells his guys, "That was a good football team we played today", or something along those lines. Our D played very well that day!
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Listen to Jim Caldwell in the locker room after the game. He tells his guys, "That was a good football team we played today", or something along those lines. Our D played very well that day!

Dope!

we still lost.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Wow!

Re-watching this game came down to 2 horrible players:

Adam Snyder
Mark Roman

Snyder was cleanly beat on EVERY snap of the last offensive drive. EVERY SNAP. It was unbelievable. Snyder can't start this year. He really should be a OG only. We should seriously consider signing another RT for depth or hoping Boone can step up and actually compete for a starting spot. Wow - EVERY SNAP. Rachal was inconsistent, but Snyder was just putrid.

Roman is always out of position or just not playing smart. Goes after the pick instead of knocking the ball down in a close game. Not staying responsible, missing tackle after tackle. It was just incredible.

Let's hope this year the team can move past these players.

What about Alex Smith's inaccuracy? He missed a wide-open Isaac Bruce on a crossing route on the last drive of the game.

What do you expect?

The HC is a product of the Nolan coaching tree.
That game made me sick but we held tight to the Colts and the Vikings and were very close to beating both teams. We are very close to being a very good team.

who da f**k is Jim Caldwell?

Originally posted by ads_2006:

who da f**k is Jim Caldwell?

the head coach of the colts.
Holy s**t. Co-sign with NinerGM, Mark Roman was f**king TERRIBLE in this game. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that Taylor Mayes is better then Roman. None. Dude could misread every throw Peyton would make, and still make more plays on the ball or receivers then Mark did in this game. Every big completion in the highlight was thrown at or around Mark Roman's man. What a joke, lol
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:

What do you expect?

The HC is a product of the Nolan coaching tree.

although sing worked with nolan in balt and sf, i believe his biggest influence on the way he wants to play the game is his bears teams and more specifically mike ditkas style
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Wow!

Adam Snyder
Mark Roman

Snyder was cleanly beat on EVERY snap of the last offensive drive. EVERY SNAP. It was unbelievable. Snyder can't start this year. He really should be a OG only. We should seriously consider signing another RT for depth or hoping Boone can step up and actually compete for a starting spot. Wow - EVERY SNAP. Rachal was inconsistent, but Snyder was just putrid.

Roman is always out of position or just not playing smart. Goes after the pick instead of knocking the ball down in a close game. Not staying responsible, missing tackle after tackle. It was just incredible.

I agree Snyder is trash, I hope he gets cut this year. Besides Staley all the olinemen McClueless got are absolutely trash.
Wow!

Adam Snyder
Mark Roman

What about Alex Smith's inaccuracy? He missed a wide-open Isaac Bruce on a crossing route on the last drive of the game.

1 play....
Share 49ersWebzone