Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Originally posted by archcity49er:
As Alex Smith goes we go...

Or in brass tax we ain't going very far. The fact the Raiders have a better QB than us now, is just straight out depressing. And of course they cut their #1 overall bus, yet ours is still starting for us. They could actually beat us this year, I mean they have a QB who is at least decent we don't. As good as we are and we are very good in virtually every other area, it doesn't make that much of a difference if you don't have a QB. I'd be ok with Nate Davis at this point, cuz at least we don't really know what Nate can do good or bad.

I would take Alex Smith over Jason Campbell any day. Campbell right out sucks. Why do you think the Redskins would pursue McNabb and just let Campbell go? Alex has done nothing but improve, this is his year to shine and I believe he would be above average this year. Nothing great, just a B+ QB.

~Dann~

Haha wow they got McNabb so they could relieve Dan Synder's big name QB fetish. For goodness sake Jason threw for more yards than McNabb did last year with no Chris Cooley for the 2nd half of the year no line and the best and really only option being Santana Moss, vs. all the f'ing talent McNabb had. And of course Alex has improved, I would hope so, shoot Jamarcus will probably improve too if he gets another shot. Alex couldn't even throw against the f'ing Cards, Tavaris Jackson torched the Cards the year they went to the SB, yet Alex is still Alex and the Raiders and most of the NFL have us beat at the most important position.

Eli had a hard time passing against the tards too, does that mean he sucks?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200910250nyg.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200912140sfo.htm

Yeah Eli had Smith in yards but Smitty threw 1 more TD and 1 less INT. The Tards D was a lot better this year until the playoffs.

Their pass D sucks period, and Eli would of had a better game if his wr's would of came to play, droppin' balls and running the wrong routes and what not. Bottom line Alex Smith is a joke a bust whatever. We could have McNabb, Campbell, Clausen, bottom line we could actually have a QB and on a road to about 11 or 12 wins right now, but no we have to stick wit dis moronic QB of ours.

McNabb and Campbell suck, Alex will prove you have no idea what your talking about when he gets more than 2.5 seconds of pass protection this year. And has more than one year of this offensive system under his belt, with Davis, Crabtree, Ginn, Morgan, Gore as weapons. It's Alex's breakout year.

McNabb and Campbell suck, wow then that means we have to create a new word for how bad Alex is. 2.5 seconds to throw, Campbell had .0000000000000001 secs (relatively speaking, ha) to throw I mean shoot, Stephon Heyer makes Barry Sims look like Joe Hannah I mean seriously. Fred Davis and Chris Cooley and the dude still throws for 3500 plus yards, he's a good QB he's not a great QB, but he sure is solid, and had we had him or any QB who is actually at least decent we would of been in the Playoffs and won the division. Alex on the other hand couldn't beat out JTO and Shaun Hill in TC and pre-season games for goodness sake, I mean get off the tainted Kool-Aid jeez.

Or in brass tax we ain't going very far. The fact the Raiders have a better QB than us now, is just straight out depressing. And of course they cut their #1 overall bus, yet ours is still starting for us. They could actually beat us this year, I mean they have a QB who is at least decent we don't. As good as we are and we are very good in virtually every other area, it doesn't make that much of a difference if you don't have a QB. I'd be ok with Nate Davis at this point, cuz at least we don't really know what Nate can do good or bad.

I would take Alex Smith over Jason Campbell any day. Campbell right out sucks. Why do you think the Redskins would pursue McNabb and just let Campbell go? Alex has done nothing but improve, this is his year to shine and I believe he would be above average this year. Nothing great, just a B+ QB.

~Dann~

Haha wow they got McNabb so they could relieve Dan Synder's big name QB fetish. For goodness sake Jason threw for more yards than McNabb did last year with no Chris Cooley for the 2nd half of the year no line and the best and really only option being Santana Moss, vs. all the f'ing talent McNabb had. And of course Alex has improved, I would hope so, shoot Jamarcus will probably improve too if he gets another shot. Alex couldn't even throw against the f'ing Cards, Tavaris Jackson torched the Cards the year they went to the SB, yet Alex is still Alex and the Raiders and most of the NFL have us beat at the most important position.

Yeah Eli had Smith in yards but Smitty threw 1 more TD and 1 less INT. The Tards D was a lot better this year until the playoffs.

Their pass D sucks period, and Eli would of had a better game if his wr's would of came to play, droppin' balls and running the wrong routes and what not. Bottom line Alex Smith is a joke a bust whatever. We could have McNabb, Campbell, Clausen, bottom line we could actually have a QB and on a road to about 11 or 12 wins right now, but no we have to stick wit dis moronic QB of ours.

lol Their pass D wasn't that bad last year. They had McFadden and DRC at the corners and both of those guys were pretty good until DRC got hurt and they decided McFadden was too expensive and traded him during the draft. They had Dockett rushing the passer, Wilson is decent in coverage, Rolle was good in coverage, and so was Dansby for a LBer. I watched their game against NYG and the only time he had WRs running the wrong routes was when Manningham f**ked up a go route once or twice. But he still threw 3 picks. I love how when Manning throws INTs it's because his "wrs are running the wrong routes and dropping balls and some 'whatnot'". But when Smith is throwing to a WR who hasn't even been in TC and missed the first 5 weeks of the season and is still learning the playbook and NFL route running everything is his fault? And besides Crabtree and Vernon he was throwing to a bunch of nobodies 2 through 4. I'm calling bulls**t man.

Eli wasn't great that night, but couldn't get into any rhythm cuz MM and couldn't do ish and Schubert and Co. couldn't block Dockett and Campbell. And Zona what are you kiddin'? Isaac Bruce beat Mcfadden and slow footed Rolle, Rolle sucks in deep coverage, DRC is not a good cover corner he's just a lesser version of his cuzin ie a ball hawk, and McFadden is just awful as a 2 corner let alone anything more. If Jason Campbell can go for 3500 yards wit no line and no Cooley the 2nd half of a season wit just Santana Moss and Fred freakin' Davis to throw to, Alex should of made due wit freaking MC a good 2 in Morgan and maybe the best TE in the game oh yeah and a top 5 RB who takes loads of pressure of any QB. Zona's pass D wasn't that bad yeah that's why they gave up 1000000000000000000000 yards in the Playoffs and the year before when they were better let Tavaris f'ing Jackson look like Steve Young in Zona. My word.
Ok so bottom line.

A source of intelligence says we have strong talent.

A few pathetic puke whiners come in bashing our quarterback.

Get out.

I want people who support our team.

And don't give me the debate/logic/whining garbage.

PUKES
Every offseason someone in print makes a bold prediction of the Cinderella team that suddenly puts all their struggles behind them & dominates, surprising everyone...

Then about half way through the season, the writer hopes nobody remembers that ridiculous article, when that team is just about the same as the year before.
This place will explode if Smith gets pulled by Singletary.
Originally posted by BobS:
I would say that is premature. Working in two rookies on the offensive line and a rookie under achiever in the secondary, I would say 2011 is the year to expect contender status from the 49ers. After 8-8 last year a normal progression would be to just make the play-offs.[/quote]

Well said, especially the emphasized.

Also, if we did win the SB that would be fantastic, but fans shouldn't set expectations too high considering we didn't even have a winning season last year. As long as we're making continual improvement then playoffs and beyond will be a byproduct.

~Dann~

McNabb and Campbell suck, Alex will prove you have no idea what your talking about when he gets more than 2.5 seconds of pass protection this year. And has more than one year of this offensive system under his belt, with Davis, Crabtree, Ginn, Morgan, Gore as weapons. It's Alex's breakout year.

McNabb and Campbell suck, wow then that means we have to create a new word for how bad Alex is. 2.5 seconds to throw, Campbell had .0000000000000001 secs (relatively speaking, ha) to throw I mean shoot, Stephon Heyer makes Barry Sims look like Joe Hannah I mean seriously. Fred Davis and Chris Cooley and the dude still throws for 3500 plus yards, he's a good QB he's not a great QB, but he sure is solid, and had we had him or any QB who is actually at least decent we would of been in the Playoffs and won the division. Alex on the other hand couldn't beat out JTO and Shaun Hill in TC and pre-season games for goodness sake, I mean get off the tainted Kool-Aid jeez.

How many games did the redskins win last year? 4? Sign me up for Campbell right away! We had a worse offensive line than the redskins last year, and Campbell is goin to suck in Oakland.

~Dann~

How many games did the redskins win last year? 4? Sign me up for Campbell right away! We had a worse offensive line than the redskins last year, and Campbell is goin to suck in Oakland.

They had no RB, one aight WR at the end no TE, no line what do you expect jeez. Kinda like BRadford and the Rams this year, except Bradford could be great one day. And don't lie our line was better than there's jeez. I mean having Joe Staley alone trumps their line last year. I mean jeez Heyer at LT, having Levi Jones who was out of football at the end there. Shoot Sims did aight here and there for us at LT and vs. Heyer at LT ughhh, yet Campbell still threw for 3500 plus, dude is a good QB, sad the Raiders and Al Davis woke up and figured out they didn't have a QB and went and got one while um we still have our dummy.
Originally posted by BobS:
I would say that is premature. Working in two rookies on the offensive line and a rookie under achiever in the secondary, I would say 2011 is the year to expect contender status from the 49ers. After 8-8 last year a normal progression would be to just make the play-offs.

Which is why the dude said "it might be a year too soon, but.." or whatever his exact words were.

~Dann~

They had no RB, one aight WR at the end no TE, no line what do you expect jeez. Kinda like BRadford and the Rams this year, except Bradford could be great one day. And don't lie our line was better than there's jeez. I mean having Joe Staley alone trumps their line last year. I mean jeez Heyer at LT, having Levi Jones who was out of football at the end there. Shoot Sims did aight here and there for us at LT and vs. Heyer at LT ughhh, yet Campbell still threw for 3500 plus, dude is a good QB, sad the Raiders and Al Davis woke up and figured out they didn't have a QB and went and got one while um we still have our dummy.

We'll see who does better this year. Alex threw 2 fewer TD's than Jason, and missed 6 games...btw, their yards per game are almost identical.

[ Edited by MSteitz468 on May 12, 2010 at 15:21:54 ]

~Dann~

We'll see who does better this year. Alex threw 2 fewer TD's than Jason, and missed 6 games...btw, their yards per game are almost identical.

Of course Alex's stats look somewhat plausable, I mean shoot you got MC VD and Gore. Alex will probably have better stats cuz he has a good line and a good WR core great TE and great RB. Campbell has um, um, um Zach Miller... Poor guy, we could of had him, McNabb, Clausen, Colt McCoy, or um oh yeah A-Rod. Geez it's like we've become allergic to good QB's lately, what the hell happened to this franchise. We're have the best QB crop of all-time, yet it's come to this.

~Dann~

Of course Alex's stats look somewhat plausable, I mean shoot you got MC VD and Gore. Alex will probably have better stats cuz he has a good line and a good WR core great TE and great RB. Campbell has um, um, um Zach Miller... Poor guy, we could of had him, McNabb, Clausen, Colt McCoy, or um oh yeah A-Rod. Geez it's like we've become allergic to good QB's lately, what the hell happened to this franchise. We're have the best QB crop of all-time, yet it's come to this.

All I'm saying is we haven't seen what AS can do with a good line. He made a big improvement last year and there is no reason to believe he won't improve a lot this year. Look at the difference it made for Steve Young, he sucked behind Tampa's s*itty line.

~Dann~

All I'm saying is we haven't seen what AS can do with a good line. He made a big improvement last year and there is no reason to believe he won't improve a lot this year. Look at the difference it made for Steve Young, he sucked behind Tampa's s*itty line.

Saying Alex has improved isn't saying much, look at what he was, and sadly still is. Steve Young ha that's beyond a stretch. Anyway, the bottom line is we don't have a QB worth talking about, until we get one, we're gonna have a ceiling, or an anchor on our boat whatever. Something that is holding us back ie Alex Smith or the QB position, it held us back last year and the year before that, and will again this year. Hopefully whatever happens this year, we sign a legit option or draft one next year.
Share 49ersWebzone