LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 317 users in the forums

Yahoo ranks our WR core 15th in the league

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by spizzy:
I stopped reading after they labeled the Lions ahead of us (a team with a washed up WR, and a TE that has yet to go the next level).

Seriously, our TE just went to the pro-bowl (and our team is on the cusp of the playoffs), and Crabs was catching some of the most poorly thrown/poorly-timed passes from Alex Smith, and looked good doing it.

Come on Yahoo.

Washed up? CJ is 25

He plays like a 40 year-old man.

whaaa? He also played pretty seriously injured throughout the season. I would trade VD for CJ in a heartbeat.

[ Edited by dhp318 on May 8, 2010 at 23:21:02 ]
I stopped reading after they labeled the Lions ahead of us (a team with a washed up WR, and a TE that has yet to go the next level).

Seriously, our TE just went to the pro-bowl (and our team is on the cusp of the playoffs), and Crabs was catching some of the most poorly thrown/poorly-timed passes from Alex Smith, and looked good doing it.

Come on Yahoo.

Washed up? CJ is 25

WHAT??? CJ was playing injured last year but he has amazing and proven elite receiver talent.

[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on May 8, 2010 at 23:36:38 ]
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Come on Yahoo.

Washed up? CJ is 25

WHAT??? CJ was playing injured last year but he has amazing and proven elite receiver talent.

Yeah seriously... someone is definitely misinformed. CJ is still fantastic.
The list is ok I guess. I don't think our core is very good or at least it has yet to prove otherwise. I do think they put Detroit too high because after CJ it's pretty awful. I also think the Jets core should have been higher, maybe switch places with Detroit. And Cleveland's ranking may still be too high at 32.

Also, the Chargers have the 3rd best core in the league? Give me a break!

[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on May 9, 2010 at 00:00:34 ]

Come on Yahoo.

Washed up? CJ is 25

Have you been watching the same guy I have been? CJ is ripping it up on a crap team. He's definitely amazing, definitely one of the best 5 WRs in the game last few seasons.

~Dann~
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Come on Yahoo.

Washed up? CJ is 25

lol wow.
Originally posted by Hopper:

Come on Yahoo.

Washed up? CJ is 25

lol wow.
Originally posted by DANADA:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's certainly not good. I wouldn't rate us real high. Other than Crabtree who do we have at WR? And even he is overrated on this board IMO. He's no Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald.

there is this TE we have by the name of Vernon Davis. Are u a Raider spy?

good job

Come on Yahoo.

Washed up? CJ is 25

smh
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by DANADA:
It's certainly not good. I wouldn't rate us real high. Other than Crabtree who do we have at WR? And even he is overrated on this board IMO. He's no Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald.

there is this TE we have by the name of Vernon Davis. Are u a Raider spy?

good job

lol

Come on Yahoo.

Washed up? CJ is 25

yeah its obvious by his career thus far, I mean only 3000+ yards, 22 touchdowns, 16 yards per catch? What a scrub....
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:

Come on Yahoo.

Washed up? CJ is 25

yeah its obvious by his 3 year career thus far, I mean only 3000+ yards, 22 touchdowns, 16 yards per catch? What a scrub....
  • flow
  • Veteran
I rank Yahoo! Sports last on the Internet.

(And Calvin Johnson is incredible.)
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Is he a Boldin?

Maybe.

He's definetly a steve breaston then yaaaaaaay!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LongIsland49ers:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Is he a Boldin?

Maybe.

He's definetly a steve breaston then yaaaaaaay!

How can you tell who he is gonna be already? Yeah lets judge his career off his rookie season. In which, he missed OTA's, Training Camp, Pre-Season and the first 5 games. Awesome idea!
Share 49ersWebzone