There are 252 users in the forums

Yahoo ranks our WR core 15th in the league

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-directsnap050710
I would have put us at 12. If u go scroll down towards the bottom there is some info on Crabtree.

[ Edited by DANADA on May 8, 2010 at 21:23:20 ]
It's certainly not good. I wouldn't rate us real high. Other than Crabtree who do we have at WR? And even he is overrated on this board IMO. He's no Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
It's certainly not good. I wouldn't rate us real high. Other than Crabtree who do we have at WR? And even he is overrated on this board IMO. He's no Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald.

there is this TE we have by the name of Vernon Davis. Are u a Raider spy?

[ Edited by DANADA on May 8, 2010 at 21:28:57 ]
eh, I think some of those receiving corps might be a little overrated, but the fact is that we have some young guys who've shown intermittent flashes and a top 10 TE who's had one great season. Until we see consistency, middle of the pack sounds about right.

That said, improved Oline and decent QB play will make our receivers look good, or perhaps make them able to play up to potential. Most of the "top receiving corps" in that list have decent Olines and really good QB's, so it becomes a chicken or the egg kind of argument.

[ Edited by HessianDud on May 8, 2010 at 21:31:04 ]

Is he a Boldin?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Is he a Boldin?

Maybe.
crabtree is as good as this offense will let him be
eh, i'm not impressed with the list. I definitely would put the Cowboys as the top receiving corps

Don't talk.
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

Don't talk.

You don't believe he is good? He's on a terrible team but individually good.

Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

Don't talk.

You don't believe he is good? He's on a terrible team but individually amazing.

Fixed.
I stopped reading after they labeled the Lions ahead of us (a team with a washed up WR, and a TE that has yet to go the next level).

Seriously, our TE just went to the pro-bowl (and our team is on the cusp of the playoffs), and Crabs was catching some of the most poorly thrown/poorly-timed passes from Alex Smith, and looked good doing it.

Come on Yahoo.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I stopped reading after they labeled the Lions ahead of us (a team with a washed up WR, and a TE that has yet to go the next level).

Seriously, our TE just went to the pro-bowl (and our team is on the cusp of the playoffs), and Crabs was catching some of the most poorly thrown/poorly-timed passes from Alex Smith, and looked good doing it.

Come on Yahoo.

Washed up? CJ is 25
They just basically took all the teams with a probowl WR and put them on the top. So even if our # 2,3,4, and 5 WRs and our # 2 TE is better than a lot of those teams above us it doesn't matter because there #1 WR is better than our #1 and WR is valued higher than a TE. Detroit and Houston have no business being in front of us and SD at #3 is a joke.
Originally posted by spizzy:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Come on Yahoo.

Washed up? CJ is 25

He plays like a 40 year-old man.
Share 49ersWebzone