LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Which rookie do you think will have the biggest impact in 2010?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which rookie do you think will have the biggest impact in 2010?

The safe bet would be Iupati, although I am hoping Davis really shines as a rookie. Vann and Dixon could also be of great help, should they prove their worth!
I'm going to say Iupati. But I'm hoping it's Mays just cause I've been backing him up on the forum so I'm hoping he proves everyone wrong
According to the votes, Iupati has over double the votes over A. Davis.. and he was our 2nd, 1st rounder. Maybe we should've taken someone else over A. Davis?? hmmmmm
  • TheCatchIII
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by bigmike55:
I believe Iupati will be one of the most dominant guards in the NFL once he gets coached up. I predict he will win the starting LG position before the season starts and stay there for the next 10 years.

Mike Iupati will be the impact rookie this year.

Ill say Iupati, since i think the run game will be a big factor early and often, but Vann on special teams (hopefully) will light it up
Originally posted by TheCatchIII:
I believe Iupati will be one of the most dominant guards in the NFL once he gets coached up. I predict he will win the starting LG position before the season starts and stay there for the next 10 years.

Mike Iupati will be the impact rookie this year.

Ill say Iupati, since i think the run game will be a big factor early and often, but Vann on special teams (hopefully) will light it up

I am wishful that the Staley, Iupati and Norris combo provide some serious alleys for Frank Gore to run wild.
I voted other.

Because I think that Davis/Iupati already have an impact and will see it through being the player with the most impact on the team.

~Ceadder
I was going to say Mike, but Adam Snyder was so horrible last year, I thik Anthony will at least be serviceable in his rookie year and thus more noticeable.
I think its gunna be Anthony Dixon, I can see him gettin 5-7 TD's workin the goal line.

You guys cant be serious about Leroy Vann....hes not going to make this squad.

[ Edited by Grigga2021 on May 9, 2010 at 21:48:19 ]
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by crabman82:
i see iupati ahead of davis at this point, we REALLY need right tackle production and i am not sure a 20 yr old in a league full of grown men is ready to be dominant right from the get go

Yah a 20 year old going up against grown men does scare me.

+1

I don't want to jinx anything, but I think Anthony Davis will struggle with the change of speed in the pro game, just like any rookie coming out of college. I hope he pans out and becomes a great RT for us, but I have a feeling he will not be able to handle some grown a$$ men bullrushing him. Like you mentioned, he's only 20.

Are u guys serious?? I dont care if your 18 years old or 35 years old, TALENT=TALENT.. Davis is not gonna be thinking "OH s**t, this guys in front me is 30 years old, Im gonna get my ass handed!!" NO, Davis will go out there saying.. "ALRIGHT, lets do this, you might be older than me but im 6'5 330lbs bro I aiint moving sucka!"

Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
i see iupati ahead of davis at this point, we REALLY need right tackle production and i am not sure a 20 yr old in a league full of grown men is ready to be dominant right from the get go

+1

I don't want to jinx anything, but I think Anthony Davis will struggle with the change of speed in the pro game, just like any rookie coming out of college. I hope he pans out and becomes a great RT for us, but I have a feeling he will not be able to handle some grown a$$ men bullrushing him. Like you mentioned, he's only 20.

Are u guys serious?? I dont care if your 18 years old or 35 years old, TALENT=TALENT.. Davis is not gonna be thinking "OH s**t, this guys in front me is 30 years old, Im gonna get my ass handed!!" NO, Davis will go out there saying.. "ALRIGHT, lets do this, you might be older than me but im 6'5 330lbs bro I aiint moving sucka!"

Seriously this is the NFL come one guys......and also coach Sing isnt taking anyone whos gunna be scared to play. And there definetly not trading up to get one.
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:

+1

Seriously this is the NFL come one guys......and also coach Sing isnt taking anyone whos gunna be scared to play. And there definetly not trading up to get one.

I know right?? this isnt, "oh s**t im a talented sophmore playing up in Varsity, these guys are big!"

Yeah I was kind of an idiot when I was 20. True story.
Logic tells me that Iupati is going to definitely make the most impact but one never knows.

Davis is going to need to develop a bit because he's so young. Mays is going to need to work on several things and as for the others, who knows what will happen.

Iupati just looks the most NFL ready and was considered the best guard in the draft.
I am really liking Iupati.
Share 49ersWebzone