Happy B Day Ronnie

The Hits, the Ints, the Intimidation

Dwight Hicks and the Hot Licks

Making the Pro Bowl at 3 positions, SS, FS, and CB

I remember that 81 season like it was yesterday

Keep on teaching Taylor Mays, the next great USC DB
I've had the pleasure of meeting The Great One in person

He was a client the accounting firm that the ex used to work at

I was listening to the radio this morning and they were talking to John Madden about the release of Jamorca Russell. Madden ultimately said that only those that saw Russell every day would know whether he had the desire to try to ever play again. He did not say anything good about him. The question in his mind was whether he loved football.

If you mentioned Lott, Rice, Montana, Young, Bryant Young, John Taylor, Wendell Tyler, Craig, Turner, Cross, man the list goes on and on. Riki Ellison. Those guys loved football. Madden would gush over them. He couldn't even give Russell a half hearted good luck.

Say what you will about Alex but the guy has come back from 2 shoulder surgeries and put that rebuilt shoulder on the line on that hit on a Raider in preseason. Madden would say that Alex loves football. He took a paycut to stay.

This isn't an Alex thread. This is about Ronnie who cut off his infected pinkie to play. Jamarcus wouldn't want to get his mink dirty. Among first round Bay Area QB Busts, give me 10 Alexes who are more in the spirit of Ronnie, then some prima donna like Jamorca.

Ronnie was one of a kind.

Our coach was the same player. He is instilling that in the players. You can feel the change in the culture. Ronnie would be proud. I'm glad he will be involved with Mays.
hehe it was like 8 years ago to this day I was out to dinner with my family for my birthday and my dad comes in and goes "Guess who was sitting in the front when I walked in?" Turns out it was Ronnie Lott! I go over with my dad (I was around 10 I believe) and I ask him for his signature and that is my birthday. It turns out he was taking his daughter out for his birthday dinner and that we had the same birthday! So he signs a piece of paper saying "happy birthday Kyle, May 8th, friends"

Still got that piece of paper right above my dorm room desk

Happy birthday Ronnie! Hope that pinky finger is doing alright..
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

The pinky is doing fine, and is actually a member of the WZ.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RONNIE LOTT!

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES.........
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

The pinky is doing fine, and is actually a member of the WZ.

Today is also LottsZombiePinky's B-day

I am doing alright. Thanks for asking.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mr. Lott and thanks for the great memories and your tremendous dedication to the club, sport snd the fans.
I met Ron's dad after a game or two down at the players fence at the Stick and we hit it off. Then he used to come over to my seats to drink beer and shoot the $hit, great guy. The bonus was Ron came over a couple times and we talked too. He was usually still to jacked up for "ordinary" conversations. What great days they were..

He never did get $52mil to knock people out and finish careers before they started, like Iccy Woods in SB 23, remember? One hit, and he was never the same and the "Iccy Shuffle", well maybe in his brain pan..

Screw Madden, give me real football..

Happy Birthday my man! You gave it all and took the same away..
Brilliant man..

NINERS!!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

There is REALLY something special about American women, like No Fear and get outta the way fer fun.. I really miss that..

xoxoxox
Originally posted by islander:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RONNIE LOTT!

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES.........

YOu are the man ROnnie
Share 49ersWebzone