LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Rams scout hired to replace David McCloughan as head of college scouting

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:
Originally posted by jrg:
Yeah, since the Rams have had such great draft picks.

wtf is up with this hire??? they only have a couple picks still on their team from the past couple drafts. theyre scouting department is AWFUL.

THIS! What a fokking horrible move!

Like it or not, the guys that are currently on this roster are here in big part because of the McCloughan brothers! For those who say the scouts only evaluate the potential in the candidates and the GM picks them?? That's BS! Its a collaboration effort.
  • cools
  • Veteran
Niner whinerzone reaching a new low, flaming each other over a friggin scout, Ha!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by cools:
Niner whinerzone reaching a new low, flaming each other over a friggin scout, Ha!

Yah this is a new low.
Originally posted by jrg:
Yeah, since the Rams have had such great draft picks.

my first thought!
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Like coaches and GMs', I don't want retreads to replace decent personnel. It's obvious that DM was at least capable. Well I don't know the new guy and will have an open mind about him, but so far he's no better than DM. If he turns out to be a steal then fine. If not, boy I'm gonna be really steamed. Not like I or anyone here can do anything about it. But this was not a cool way to go about things and not the way you replace a guy.

lol I can't even tell if you're serious

Is there even any evidence of what DM has done? who he has scouted? he could have been the one to scout Balmer and highly recommend him for all we know.

And how will we know if the new guy is a steal? When are our scouts ever written about/discussed or given any credit?

Seems like you're giving DM credit for our drafts without knowledge of what he actually did. And you're down on Patten because he comes from a crappy team without any knowledge of his contributions either.

Stop bringing up Balmer like he's the antichrist, for cryin out loud peeps. The guy hasn't been able to crack the starting Lineup because of who we have Starting. Not because he can't play. Of the handful of plays that I got to see him on the field, he's not great but he doesn't suck either. He's a BACKUP for cryin out loud.

I'm down on Patten because at this point and time he comes from a crap background coupled with him being an unknown.

Yeah DM is kind of an enigma as well but I think our roster speaks for itself. We have DEPTH and we haven't had that in ages, prior to Brothers McCloughan.

I'm not being close minded, at this point Patten = McCloughan BECAUSE we don't know exactly what impact DM had with which players. But knowing our roster and the Rams roster as well as the Skins roster Patten does not look like an upgrade.

Essentially I'm comparing an apple to an apple. As far as knowing if a guy is a steal or not? That's easy. If we get solid play makers Rounds 1-4? Steal. If we get less than what we've gotten the last 3 drafts? Bum.

~Ceadder

He scouted for ONE SEASON with the Rams. It's not like he's been there for several years. In regard to Redskins.....Daniel Snyder..........

Excuses, excuses.

~Ceadder

Too many people in NT are EMO

Wow apparently poking fun at the "Alexcuses" crowd is frowned upon.

I got all you Foos.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone