Playoffs or die.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by 49erfoeva:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by susweel:
Playoffs or die.
1. Atleast 10 wins and division title & with that comes playoffs!

2. Smith to emerge as a top 10 QB statisticly and have atleast 3,200yds 24tds -15int 61comp% 90+ Qb rat

3. Gore to have atleast 1,700 all purpse yards and 16 total TDs

4. Crabtree to haul in atleast 80rec, 1050yds 7tds

5. To have a 10 sack rusher.. Lawson can do it, Brooks can do it, Haralson.. etc

6. Davis to continue being the best TE and team leader, and end up with atleast 65rec 750yds 7tds and limit the dropped passes.

7. Davis and Iupati and contribute day 1 and make that oline ALOT better than what it was last season! also Rachal and Baas to wake up and contribute on a consistent basis.

8. Mays to get alot of reps to put fear into WRs having to watch for the big hit from Willis, Clements, Goldson now MAYS!

9. Glen Coffee & Anthony Dixon to show they can carry the load when Gore needs a breather and average more than 4.0yds/carry, none of that 2.8yds/ carry from backups other than Gore anymore!

[ Edited by 49ersnum1 on May 8, 2010 at 11:33:00 ]
Playoffs or die.
1. 10-6 record at least.

2. AS 3500 yards, 30 Td 10 int

3. 12 sacks from Brooks

4. 1 playoff victory
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by 49erfoeva:
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Playoffs or pie.

Originally posted by HuntMike:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by JD81:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
What are some expectations are you looking for in the 2010 season?

At the very least, a 9-7 record.

Mike Crabtree over 1000 yards receiving.

Frank Gore with over 1350 yards rushing, and plays at least 15 games.

Alex Smith to throw around 23-25 TDs, with at most 12-15 INTs.

Is that possible in a shared backfield AND that many TDs from Smith? These stats would mean the Niners O completely dominates nearly every game - something I don't see happening.

Thoughts?

Not that I would be in the least bit disappointed!!

Alex Smith got what...18tds in 11 games this year. 23tds in 16 games is def attainable.

I disagree, he will receive the shaun hill treatment.

Hill did good after we benched O suckivan. When hill got his year to start, there was more game film out on him and defenses knew he couldn't beat them deep, and always checked it down.

Smitty will have more game film out on him, also people will learn how to slow VD down.

I'm pretty sure that's not how it works. Your logic is no very logical.

thats definitally not how it works if it was then all old qbs would be horrible lol
anyway difference is shaun hill has a very limited range he cant throw the ball more than 15 yds smith can
  • Tankian52
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
1. Atleast 10 wins and division title & with that comes playoffs!

2. Smith to emerge as a top 10 QB statisticly and have atleast 3,200yds 24tds -15int 61comp% 90+ Qb rat

3. Gore to have atleast 1,700 all purpse yards and 16 total TDs

4. Crabtree to haul in atleast 80rec, 1050yds 7tds

5. To have a 10 sack rusher.. Lawson can do it, Brooks can do it, Haralson.. etc

6. Davis to continue being the best TE and team leader, and end up with atleast 65rec 750yds 7tds and limit the dropped passes.

7. Davis and Iupati and contribute day 1 and make that oline ALOT better than what it was last season! also Rachal and Baas to wake up and contribute on a consistent basis.

8. Mays to get alot of reps to put fear into WRs having to watch for the big hit from Willis, Clements, Goldson now MAYS!

9. Glen Coffee & Anthony Dixon to show they can carry the load when Gore needs a breather and average more than 4.0yds/carry, none of that 2.8yds/ carry from backups other than Gore anymore!

the first 2 would be awesome. everything else is icing on the cake.

mmm cake

Is that possible in a shared backfield AND that many TDs from Smith? These stats would mean the Niners O completely dominates nearly every game - something I don't see happening.

Thoughts?

Alex Smith got what...18tds in 11 games this year. 23tds in 16 games is def attainable.

Hill did good after we benched O suckivan. When hill got his year to start, there was more game film out on him and defenses knew he couldn't beat them deep, and always checked it down.

Smitty will have more game film out on him, also people will learn how to slow VD down.

If the offensive line can step up and if Ginn can provide a legitmate deep threat then it is going to be difficult to slow Davis down.
Originally posted by BHulman:

Thoughts?

If the offensive line can step up and if Ginn can provide a legitmate deep threat then it is going to be difficult to slow Davis down.

Close Victories instead of close defeats
From Joe Staley's blog . . .

Link

Quote:
In other big news, we just locked up Pat (Willis) until 2016, and I’m very, very excited about that. It’s really cool that we came to this team together; both first-round picks, and now we’re staying here together. I signed my extension last year, Pat signed his deal this year, and we’ll be here together for the next seven seasons. It’s cool being able to start our careers here, and hopefully finish our careers here and win a lot of games and championships too.

I had a similar experience when I was in college. Our freshman class at Central Michigan didn’t win many games and then when our class started taking over, all our guys started playing more and we started winning. At the end of it as seniors, we led our class to our first conference championship since 1994.

I think it can be the same way with Pat and I.

Our draft class in 2007 reminds me of what I experienced in college. In ’07 we drafted Patrick, me and Dashon (Goldson) and I feel like we’re changing things around here. Patrick’s a great leader for our team. I feel like I can be a good guy for our offensive line and Dashon can make plays all over the field too.

Optimist..
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

I am not concerned about stats in the least bit.

however record is very important.

improving 1 game YOY is just not acceptable.

10 wins minimum.
Originally posted by Crown:

I am not concerned about stats in the least bit.

however record is very important.

improving 1 game YOY is just not acceptable.

10 wins minimum.

I would be surprised if the 49ers didn't win at least 10 games this season. Our team is stacked. After we stomp the Saints in week 2 people will believe.
Share 49ersWebzone