LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Three names stand between 5 and possibly 7 Lombardi Trophies

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
How bout Lawerence Taylor and the Giants defense that hit Montana into the dirt

I think it was Leonard Marshall who put the hit on Montana that basically ended his career with the Niners.

Haley was a killer because we not only lost him but Dallas got him. Should have sent him to the Rams:)

The loss of Watters really set the Niners back. The running game for those couple years with Lovelle and Kirby was not good. The O lost a lot of balance when Watters left.
  • Pintor73
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Originally posted by kelpie70:
Do you know the three names? Repeat them after me Haley, Saunders and Watters. If somehow the NINERS were able to retain all three services, there would have been no stopping the greatest football dynasty EVER period! What are your thoughts guys?

If Jeff Fuller had never been injured
Had the 49ers not had TWO bad pass interference calls in the 1983 NFC Championship game

redskins?
Originally posted by valrod33:
1 name Roger Craig

Guy was a great Niner but that was one costly fumble. That was also one costly game.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
How about that son of a b*tch Favre

If we wouldve kept Sanders, there's no doubt we wouldve beaten the Packers in 95, and given up some sort of competition in 96. What a lot of us forget is that Sanders in his prime (92-96) would shut down half the field just by being in the vicinity. Not only would QBs defer on the receivers he covered, but they would practically ignore the side of the field he was lined up on.

BAD move by Ninerbrass to let him go after only 1 year.......definitely cost us a ring in 1995, and possibly in 96.

I never understood why it was a 1 year deal for a CB in his prime.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

If we wouldve kept Sanders, there's no doubt we wouldve beaten the Packers in 95, and given up some sort of competition in 96. What a lot of us forget is that Sanders in his prime (92-96) would shut down half the field just by being in the vicinity. Not only would QBs defer on the receivers he covered, but they would practically ignore the side of the field he was lined up on.

BAD move by Ninerbrass to let him go after only 1 year.......definitely cost us a ring in 1995, and possibly in 96.

He was a rent a player but for some reason we didnt' even go after him. Sanders hinted that he wanted to stay.
i remember afte we won in 94, during the 95 baseball season deion was traded to the giants and everyone thought it was gonna help us sign him, didnt happen though
  • ZRF80

The Niners had lost 2 straight NFC Champ. games to the Cowboys. Eddie D. went out and decided to "buy" himself a ring. He basically did to the Boys what they did to us in the beginning of the 90s (and what the Packers did to us in the mid-late 90s): he built a team that could beat the best. The difference was that the Cowboys and Packers built those "antu-Niner" teams and kept them intact. Ninerbrass only built for that 1 year, and we never won a ring after that.
Jose Cortez, Lawrence Philips and Jim Burt

Hit him like a 16 year old girl!

Too soon??
its s**tty we dealt haley to dallas but he was a wack job they felt they could do without

• quann4
  • Info N/A

Are you even a Niner's fan? It was Leonard Marshall #70 you Fool !!!!!!!!
Originally posted by kelpie70:
Do you know the three names? Repeat them after me Haley, Saunders and Watters. If somehow the NINERS were able to retain all three services, there would have been no stopping the greatest football dynasty EVER period! What are your thoughts guys?

True...even w/o sanders we were the #1 D.....he just helped a lot. I say only Watters would of made the difference between 5 and 7. We had Louville and that was enough to break us...no running game.
This thread puts me in a sad mood I am leaving..
walsh retirement is reason #1 we didn't win more superbowls george siefert was a good coach not great won championship on walsh talent #2 reason why not resign deion sanders he was key to winning superbowl in 94 true shut down corner he locked up alvin harper who killed eric davis every time we played cowboys #3 packers and brett farve dominated 49ers every game we played until catch 2 by t.o and hearst hurt against dirty birds cut short dat possible championship season
Aikman, Smith, Haley.
Bingo! We have a winner! Smith and Haley killed us. And Aikman almost always took advantage of those two dominating us.

[ Edited by PA49ersfan on May 7, 2010 at 06:48:14 ]
Share 49ersWebzone