LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Three names stand between 5 and possibly 7 Lombardi Trophies

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Do you know the three names? Repeat them after me Haley, Saunders and Watters. If somehow the NINERS were able to retain all three services, there would have been no stopping the greatest football dynasty EVER period! What are your thoughts guys?

Losing Haley alone was the biggest blow to our 3-4 defensive system/knocking Dallas out of the NFC Championship, cause (aside from Bruce Smith) a multi-dimensional pass-rusher that could wreak consistent havoc out of both the OLB and DE spot (within a 3-4) was just unheard of back then.

-So finding an adequate replacement/pass-rusher was just impossible until Ken Norton Jr. fell into our hands in 1994.

And I wouldn't totally say losing Watters/Sanders after 1994 killed us more than the repetitive personnel injuries that seemed to consistently plague the team from 1995-1997 when it came to winning some of the more important regular-season/playoff games.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Losing Haley alone was the biggest blow to our 3-4 defensive system/knocking Dallas out of the NFC Championship, cause (aside from Bruce Smith) a multi-dimensional pass-rusher that could wreak consistent havoc out of both the OLB and DE spot (within a 3-4) was just unheard of back then.

-So finding an adequate replacement/pass-rusher was just impossible until Ken Norton Jr. fell into our hands in 1994.

And I wouldn't totally say losing Watters/Sanders after 1994 killed us more than the repetitive personnel injuries that seemed to consistently plague the team from 1995-1997 when it came to winning some of the more important regular-season/playoff games.

Maybe injuries helped if memories server me correctly I think I do remember Ted Washington getting hurt in one of the playoff games against the COWPOKES
How bout Lawerence Taylor and the Giants defense that hit Montana into the dirt
  • Pintor73
  • Info N/A
we should have kept montana, haley, lott there's your 3 montana almost took the chiefs to the superbowl if they did'nt drop that pass in the endzone and haley he came up big in the playoffs with his sacks and pressure lott was just lott
f**k the Cowboys
  • Pintor73
  • Info N/A
garrison hearst against atlanta we could've went all the way
Aikman, Smith, Haley.
Originally posted by kelpie70:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Maybe injuries helped if memories server me correctly I think I do remember Ted Washington getting hurt in one of the playoff games against the COWPOKES

Washington didn't do anything for us. It wasn't until he went on to Buffalo that he realized his potential.
Preston Riley......................1972 should have been Lombardi # 1.Cowboys went on to win the Super Bowl 24-3 over Miami.

1 name Roger Craig
salary cap
Originally posted by kelpie70:
Do you know the three names? Repeat them after me Haley, Saunders and Watters. If somehow the NINERS were able to retain all three services, there would have been no stopping the greatest football dynasty EVER period! What are your thoughts guys?

If Jeff Fuller had never been injured
Had the 49ers not had TWO bad pass interference calls in the 1983 NFC Championship game
How about that son of a b*tch Favre
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
How about that son of a b*tch Favre

If we wouldve kept Sanders, there's no doubt we wouldve beaten the Packers in 95, and given up some sort of competition in 96. What a lot of us forget is that Sanders in his prime (92-96) would shut down half the field just by being in the vicinity. Not only would QBs defer on the receivers he covered, but they would practically ignore the side of the field he was lined up on.

BAD move by Ninerbrass to let him go after only 1 year.......definitely cost us a ring in 1995, and possibly in 96.
Share 49ersWebzone