LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Do We Have ANY "Clutch" Players on the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, and Ronnie Lott are arguably the best to ever play their positions, but it wasn't measurables that made them great. It was their ability to come through when it counted most; they were CLUTCH. That ability to produce when it counted most is why they and the 49ers were champions for so many years.

My question is this; do we have any clutch players on this team NOW?

Do we have that player or players who when the game is on the line will somehow come through and make the game winning TD, Catch, Run, Sack, Tackle, Interception or Kickoff/Punt Return?

[ Edited by SanFranAddic on May 6, 2010 at 22:19:24 ]
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Michael Crabtree is ready to take the next step to become the best wr we have had since TO left town.

He can only become a clutch player if Alex Smith improves on last years numbers.
Andy Lee is clutch
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Andy Lee is clutch

I second this.
anthony dixon
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Andy Lee is clutch

That's pretty much it. Willis is clutch, the rest of the squad is learning what that means in the NFL.

Getting run over by Ryan Grant at the sticks on 3rd down aint clutch
Yeah I'd have to say lee, and Willis. That's it for me. IMHO, u can't be considered Clutch, and be in the top 3 of dropped catches. Vd and crabs all missed some perfectly thrown balls in some games we could have won. Gore had a few key fumbles.

I especially hated that game that sing told smith to put it on his shoulders, he led us 65 + yards then a key dropped pass. Leads us down the field again, this time gore fumbles.

Limit the drops "on like Jerry said, balls that touch ur hands shuld be caught. Dont matter bout the pass". Spoken like the true champ he is.
At this time "THE PUNTER GUY". Go Andy Lee.
none of these guys have really been in any major clutch situation i know one thing the whole team lost in a must win type of game against Seattle i didn't see anybody do anything clutch to win that game.
Only andy lee so far.

Andy Lee
Joe Nedney
Justin Smith (he's always playing the same speed at the end of the game, and I believe he got the sack on Warner to end the game last year that he fumbled out of bounds)
P Willy
Frank Gore is as clutch as the Oline will let him be
Lee, Nedney, J. Smith, and Willis all play at that level. We just haven't been in enough big games for them to gain that "clutch" rep.

It's sad that we don't have any offensive player who have been clutch for us. Though Crabtree was definitely clutch in college and should that kind of player for us in the future. Dixon and Vann both look like they could be those kind of guys for us. I hope so.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yah its gotta be Lee.

Frank Gore is the anti clutch he either fumbles or slips at the most important times.
This post makes me want to cry!

Sadly, A. Battle used to be our 3rd down clutch pass catcher. Bly was our only clutch defender on 3rd downs and we STILL ended up 21st against the pass.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Justin Smith
Share 49ersWebzone