LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

49ers sign Will James

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by posayshoohaa:
disgusting..

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d8154a47a/Crabtree-50-yard-catch

we just signed THAT guy for corner depth..

that should have been a td. nice throw alex.
Guess this probably means Dre Bly will not be coming back and IMO we took a step backward replacing Bly with Will James.
This guy has been cut by four differen't NFL teams and even failed to make the Bills final roster in 2008.
Originally posted by 5280High:
I dont understand the Bly nut-hugging, he did his job but wasn't great and wasn't horrible, both Paymah and James can do the same thing as a nickel back. Hopefully Brown is more prepared this year than last year so he can take the next step and render this conversation pointless.

Bly was very solid as a our nickel corner and as a starter the last few games. Paymah was a disaster in Denver and even worse in Minnesota last year while Will James is a journeyman corner who started on a bad Lions team and the year before he couldn't even make the Bills roster.
Originally posted by susweel:
Sing must really hate Dre being Dre.

sounds right..he has to be at least the 4th or 5th best option.......better than at least three of the reserves..............puzzling
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by 5280High:
I dont understand the Bly nut-hugging, he did his job but wasn't great and wasn't horrible, both Paymah and James can do the same thing as a nickel back. Hopefully Brown is more prepared this year than last year so he can take the next step and render this conversation pointless.

Bly was very solid as a our nickel corner and as a starter the last few games. Paymah was a disaster in Denver and even worse in Minnesota last year while Will James is a journeyman corner who started on a bad Lions team and the year before he couldn't even make the Bills roster.

I didnt think Paymah was that bad when i watched him play in Denver, but in the end "Dre being Dre" is mainly why i dont hold Bly as that solid, and is probably why the team is hesitant to resign him.
Originally posted by PTulini:
NFL.com- CB James Jumps Route

Signing CB James Likely Means Team Not Interested in Dre' Bly (Matt Barrows)
Our first real mistake this offseason IMO, Bly is way better than this guy.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Last time I checked Dre was still a FA. Truth is that this is the second year when he's still a FA (for a reason) for a while yet again. I have a feeling we'll still sign him but his contract expectations need to come back to reality.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I THINK Bly is asking for big money to return.

Will James nickname in the NFL...Will Toast. Nice, we got a turnstile corner with a bad back.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Will James nickname in the NFL...Will Toast. Nice, we got a turnstile corner with a bad back.
That's younger and cheaper then anything else out there. He comes from a good system (played with Giants until he thought he could get paid). He will help us. He's quick and younger (not better) then Harris and Bly. If he does make the squad, I can't wait to hear the love he gets if he does this for us. Boy is he quick off that route!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/detroit-lions/09000d5d8134eee6/James-jumps-route
lets sign Chris McAlister
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I dont mind this signing.

But Im wondering why we didnt give Walt a contract he was so great for us during his time here. Bly, ehh not a big big loss.

Dre's gonna be Dre

Yep...that pretty much sums up why Bly isn't back.
I wasn't the biggest fan of Bly's and felt he's a bit overrated on here but there's no question that James is a step back.
Share 49ersWebzone