LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

49ers sign Will James

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GORO:
Walt Harris and Dre Bly are much better even at their older age than Karl Paymand and Will James aka Peterson.

I hope we have a strong pass rush this year.

exactly, there is a difference between a journeyman and a veteran
Originally posted by posayshoohaa:
disgusting..

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d8154a47a/Crabtree-50-yard-catch

we just signed THAT guy for corner depth..

God that was a terrible throw from Alex. Crabs was wide open and that should have been an easy 6.
Man... I love Alex, but that ball was way under thrown. Here's hoping this year that will be a touchdown pass.

[ Edited by dtcomposer on May 5, 2010 at 18:15:47 ]
I think this is a good signing, though he was better when he was Will Peterson. Adds some physicality to the secondary. Good move, welcome aboard.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
I think this is a good signing, though he was better when he was Will Peterson. Adds some physicality to the secondary. Good move, welcome aboard.

Oh he's that dude. It was baffling me that I had never heard of a Will James that had played 9 years in the NFL.
Originally posted by miked1978:
All this is is competition in camp.

thankfully so.. hopefully Adams, Brock, or Stoudamire show enough to get Smith and James bounced from the team.
NFL.com- CB James Jumps Route

Signing CB James Likely Means Team Not Interested in Dre' Bly (Matt Barrows)
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by posayshoohaa:
disgusting..

http://www.nfl.com/videos/san-francisco-49ers/09000d5d8154a47a/Crabtree-50-yard-catch

we just signed THAT guy for corner depth..

God that was a terrible throw from Alex. Crabs was wide open and that should have been an easy 6.

Shaky catch by Crabtree, almost dropped it
Originally posted by PTulini:
NFL.com- CB James Jumps Route

Signing CB James Likely Means Team Not Interested in Dre' Bly (Matt Barrows)

that was a nice pick
Bly, Harris Out After James Deal? (Mike Sando)

Quote:
Bly, Harris out after James' deal?

May, 5, 2010 May 59:53PM ET By Mike Sando

The 49ers gained size at cornerback by reaching an agreement with veteran William James, the former Lions, Eagles and Giants defensive back once known as Will Peterson.

James, 30, started 14 games for the Lions last season. He was an unrestricted free agent, meaning James could factor into the equation for compensatory draft choices depending on his role with the 49ers.

Two of the 49ers' own cornerbacks, Dre Bly and Walt Harris, remain unrestricted free agents. James' agreement with the 49ers suggests the team could be moving forward without them.

Harris missed last season after suffering a serious knee injury. Bly, signed to replace Harris, picked off three passes, but he also drew a harsh reaction from coach Mike Singletary for showboating during a return against the Falcons.

The NFL lists Peterson at 6-feet tall and 200 pounds. (Bly is listed at 5-10 and 188).

I dont mind this signing.

But Im wondering why we didnt give Walt a contract he was so great for us during his time here. Bly, ehh not a big big loss.
Originally posted by susweel:
Sing must really hate Dre being Dre.

Although it is telling that Bly seemingly hasn't had offers from anyone else. Even for depth..

-9fA
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I dont mind this signing.

But Im wondering why we didnt give Walt a contract he was so great for us during his time here. Bly, ehh not a big big loss.

Dre's gonna be Dre

I dont understand the Bly nut-hugging, he did his job but wasn't great and wasn't horrible, both Paymah and James can do the same thing as a nickel back. Hopefully Brown is more prepared this year than last year so he can take the next step and render this conversation pointless.
Eh
Share 49ersWebzone